Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future Possible Moebius Semi Trailer Kit?

chuckyr

3 hours ago, chuckyr said:

I think Italeri is offering the most common version of a European drive train configuration on their European truck model kits.  Maybe 6x2 is standard, with other drives versions optional. 6x4 is by far the most common configuration in North America, so it would make sense for Italeri to offer a 6x4.  

Most of the Italeri European truck kits configuration is short wheelbase 4X2 COE's, it's a popular configuration in mid Europe but I think it's boring and the truck without trailer looks if it's going to tip over forward under braking.
I would be happier if they did more 6X2, 6X4 or 8X4 wich is more common where I live up in the north.
But as I said in my earlier post, I prefer the US trucks.

Edited by Force

It would be nice if they did
I don't know, they seems to be focusing on European trucks more lately and it was many years since the did the US truck kits they have, and I don't know if they sold well.
But as the truck kits they have been doing lately they it looks like they have forgotten the market outside central Europe when you see what they offer...the market in the rest of Europe, the US/Canada, South America and Australia can be decent too and they don't have much for them.
An example, they do kits of our domestic Volvo and Scania trucks but not in the configuration we have most of here in Sweden and in nothern Europe...all trucks here are COE's due to lenght regulations and load capacity but the configuration are different and our truck combinations are a lot longer and have almost double the payload the short 4X2 COE tractor/trailer combinations have wich most of the kits they offer are.
And the Australian truck combinations are even longer and heavier than what we have...so I definately see a market niche there.

Edited by Force

I'll be converting it to duals on all four corners!!! No super singles for me either!!! Be a few sets of them in the trade section after the trailer comes out.. Sorry Mobius, nothing against the fine models you are all putting out, just my preference on the tires and wheels..

4 hours ago, DrKerry said:

I'll be converting it to duals on all four corners!!! No super singles for me either!!! Be a few sets of them in the trade section after the trailer comes out.. Sorry Mobius, nothing against the fine models you are all putting out, just my preference on the tires and wheels..

Moebius already has the super single trailer wheel and tire set just as they have the big rig dual tire set for upgrading wheels and tires on other tractor kits (I've got a few of those sets and used one on an old AMT KW I have a Moebius reefer behind) so it is not like those that would want singles can't get them. I have driven trucks and pulled trailers with singles and that is why I'm turned off by them, real or in scale. They handle worse and in my view are also a safety hazard because at least with duals, if you blow one you can still limp to an exit ramp instead of being stuck on the shoulder as with singles. 

7 hours ago, highway said:

Moebius already has the super single trailer wheel and tire set just as they have the big rig dual tire set for upgrading wheels and tires on other tractor kits (I've got a few of those sets and used one on an old AMT KW I have a Moebius reefer behind) so it is not like those that would want singles can't get them. I have driven trucks and pulled trailers with singles and that is why I'm turned off by them, real or in scale. They handle worse and in my view are also a safety hazard because at least with duals, if you blow one you can still limp to an exit ramp instead of being stuck on the shoulder as with singles. 

I hear ya! The main reason why I don’t like them is the safety hazard they pose! We haul precast concrete panels for parking structures and buildings, duals all the way here! Hauling that stuff I sure wouldn’t want the hassle and mess of a blow out with a single! 

We have them on our "EcoWeight" trailers at work.  The biggest issue with them is when you flat spot one, you FLAAAAAAAAAAAT SPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOT one.  Had one the other day skinned all the way down to the cords, I guess the driver who brought it to me didn't notice that it sounded like a rolling flat tire going down the road.

On 2019-05-10 at 4:02 PM, DrKerry said:

On all of the pictures I have seen of the pre-production trailer when it was on display at a model show recently it has dual mount tires,  the first I have heard about singles is in this thread...so I don't know what Moebius will do...hopefully duals.

Edited by Force

4 hours ago, Force said:

On all of the pictures I have seen of the pre-production trailer when it was on display at a model show recently it has dual mount tires,  the first I have heard about singles is in this thread...so I don't know what Moebius will do...hopefully duals.

Ditto that! Lol

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, Force said:

It's in tooling.  More info to come.

• 2 months later...