Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future Possible Moebius Semi Trailer Kit?

chuckyr

No, that is why I am asking. Seems strange that you would attach Moebius name to it for no reason.

It seems Moebius is the only manufacture that has offered modern American semi trailer kits over the last 15 years or so.

Do you think AMT/Round 2 will stop offering their ancient truck kits in exchange for modern subjects?

I'm amazed Revell AG hasn't reissued that one yet.
As for Moebius, I would take a spread axle flatbed or whatever modern trailer they do, maybe a Featherlite race transporter, a lowboy, a tanker...well amost anything modern.

I'm amazed Revell AG hasn't reissued that one yet.
As for Moebius, I would take a spread axle flatbed or whatever modern trailer they do, maybe a Featherlite race transporter, a lowboy, a tanker...well amost anything modern.

The Beall tanker has been reissued at least once since it's initial release.

Truck modelers always claim they want this reissued and that reissued and when they reissue it, other than the prehistoric AMT kits, they languish on the shelves.  And then after about two years or so when the reissues are hard to find you hear, I wish they would reissue that again.

That flatbed would be nice. I'd like to see another brand of modern truck, with wider appeal than international navistar. Currently converting my third Lonestar to a KW T904 using an auslowe conversion kit, and have a prostar half finished. 

Ben

I'd love to see one of those flats manufactured.....It wouldn't even be that difficult to produce....How hard could it be?? I know, just like everybody else, I'd buy multiples.....If they make it, We'll buy it.....Nobody is producing anything like it.....So...Just like the 53'ers, it would be a great gamble in my opinion.....

Edited by kilrathy10

The flatbed would be nice, I'd buy one.

I'd really like to see more 28 footers, the old external rib box trailers are the only 28s I know of. Done right (parts for a frame mount and a trailer dolly) and 28s could offer a lot of options, truck mounted for a straight truck, straight truck and trailer, tractor and doubles, or a tractor and single trailer for people with space issues. Boxes, tankers, flat beds, loggers etc. 

Outside of boxes and flatbeds I see far more 28' trailers than I see full size trailers. I've seen relatively few tractor trailer fuel tankers. 10 wheelers with a 28 foot tank trailer are much more common in California. Gravel trucks (transfer and bottom dump) are more common as doubles, and short flatbeds are very common in agricultural areas (loaded with big tubs of fruits and vegetables).