Model Cars Magazine Forum

top dragster scratch build

comp1839

thanks scott. it's a heavy 9" in 1:1.  rear tires are 34.5-17-16's.

tim, thanks buddy. badonkadonk it is.

denny, thanks, hope i can make it interesting enough to keep you watching.

brad, thanks. if i can get the 9 inches out i could get fred flintstone to drive it! heheh.

Dave, and to think that a mining company in Africa was all excited about their 1,111 carat diamond they found this week (2nd largest ever discovered).........I think they've misplaced it and I see a pic of it here.   ;)   Cheers, tim

Dave, you never cease to amaze with the level of detail that you can get into your models. Just when I think I've seen it all, you go and raise the bar even further.  The builders in the dragster threads are definitely on an other level and you sir are most certainly at the top of the heap!

tyrone, thanks buddy!

joe, are you sure it's not a trick with mirrors?  thanks !!

tim, i don't know about 1,111 carrots but........bugs do. hope your thanksgiving is going well!!!!!!!!

tony,  very kind of you to say that, thank you!!!

ray, me too. it's lots'o fun. thanks.

bob, thanks and we'll try to keep the loud pedal down.

got some time to fix those rotors that were too small. mistakes suck! they stop your momentum and they take twice as long to fix.

DSCN7221_zpspwdfzgmb.jpg

made some brake caliper inner halves.

DSCN7219.JPG

also machined some caliper mounts.

DSCN7216.JPG

DSCN7216_zpsocngojda.jpg

hope you enjoy!

Edited by comp1839

Dave... . Your work is always impressive. You are starting to be like me and redoing parts huh.... Lol It does suck to have to fix mistakes but the parts tend to be better than before. I know that one all too well lol.  those inner calipers are so impressive. You have to be the master at machining because they are each done by hand and look perfect.  I can not wait to see all the parts together. They are going to look killer.

• 2 months later...

YEAH!!!   Always love seeing the results Dave of what ever you're making or doing......but for me, it's always the methods that you come up with and share that are of equal interest.  Glad to see you jumping back on it.  Cheers, Tim

bill, thanks. glad you like it.

gene, thank you.

tim, you always have me thinking buddy!

dan, thank you.

chris, glad to help any way i can. looking forward to that "special" build you have planned.

dave thanks.

got a little more done on the chassis before the winternationals came on the tube.

thanks tim. i only hope my builds don't let you down. i will keep pluggin' away at them though.

some more chassis work done. got the impact safety "x" in front of the foot box. still needs the diagonal put in. put some uprights in the driver area too.

also started on the front end. i'm using aero tubing for the king pin supports. note the 2" stagger in the front wheels. this car will also be a "cable car".