Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Willys Kit, my next project.

AzTom

This is the new  1/18 scale 41 Willys by Acme in kit form.  It is a high detailed model so it has lots of parts, although some are pre-assembled.  The diecast frame has the rear axle assembly installed and the front springs.  The front axle is assembled including wheels and tires.  Both engines are partially assembled as well.  

Options choices:

Blown Hemi Engine or Small block Chevy

Tube front axle or dropped beam front axle. (requires changing the riveted spindles)

41 Willys rear bumper or chrome push bar

Five spoke rear mags or slotted mags

Two, three or four point roll bar

Once I get my 32 Chevy finished Ill get started and go into more detail.  If you have any question before that fell free to ask.

You can also click on the photo to see more photos.

Hi Tom

Right off let's get this clear - I don' know nuttin' 'bout birthin' no Babies n know about the same 'bout 1/18th scale Car Kits, but if there's a Hot Rodded Ford Flathead out there you could trade off one of your 2 option engines for I think it'd make for a heck of a Hot Rod Build!

Hi Tom

Right off let's get this clear - I don' know nuttin' 'bout birthin' no Babies n know about the same 'bout 1/18th scale Car Kits, but if there's a Hot Rodded Ford Flathead out there you could trade off one of your 2 option engines for I think it'd make for a heck of a Hot Rod Build!

Not sure what you are asking here. I do know how to make babies. :D  There are several 1/18 flathead hot rods made, and it is a lot fun swapping engines in them.  

Hmmm, I didn't know that 1/18th scale kits were available. Thanks.

These just came in Friday.  There has been a few  diecast 1/18 kits made going back to the 60's with the Hubley Duesenberg.   I can only think of one plastic kit, a Corvette experimental. Send me a PM if you want more info.

Hmmm, I didn't know that 1/18th scale kits were available. Thanks.

Hey Nick, GMP/Acme made a few more kits, as well. The cool part is, they made the box look old, and stained like they were made in the sixties.

!. 32 Ford Roadster

2. Fiat Dragster

3. 32 Ford 3-window

4. 32 Ford five window

5. 41 Willys

6. Bantam Altered

I think I covered them all, if not, AZ Tom might be able to remember if I missed any.

Cheers,

Lance

DSCN0283.JPG

Edited by Yenkocamaro