Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Firebird (Exterior Details) 2 Jul 2017

taaron76

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to spraying the base coat and clear coat on the '68 Firebird. The color is Gravity Colors BWM Crystal White Pearl, mixed with Gravity Colors Titanium White. There is a hint of pearl in the paint, but its hard to see in these pics, but shows ups nice in sunlight.

Tim

DSC_0636-vi.jpg

DSC_0637-vi.jpg

DSC_0638-vi.jpg

Thanks, fellas!  Took me a few coats to get it to match, but it come out pretty even.  Step 1, spray two coats disassembled.  Step 2, spray 1 coat assembled.  Cake!  :)

Here is the 400 primed and ready for the Firebird.

Tim

IMG_6859-vi.jpg

IMG_07022-vi.jpg

IMG_9814-vi.jpg

That is a very pretty engine with the added details.

Since I am very familiar with Pontiac engines, the rivet counter in me has some issues with certain details, but what has been added has been done well.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I did anything with the '68 Firebird, but the outside of this one is just about complete. I was able to finish up the headlights and get the glass glued into place today, so I figured I'd take a couple of pics.

DSC_1085-vi.jpg

DSC_1086-vi.jpg

DSC_1087-vi.jpg

DSC_1088-vi.jpg

I finally got around to spraying the base coat and clear coat on the '68 Firebird. The color is Gravity Colors BWM Crystal White Pearl, mixed with Gravity Colors Titanium White. There is a hint of pearl in the paint, but its hard to see in these pics, but shows ups nice in sunlight.

Tim

DSC_0636-vi.jpg

DSC_0637-vi.jpg

DSC_0638-vi.jpg

its looking good. Did that kit come with the rear spoiler?