Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Buick Invicta Hardtop

StevenGuthmiller

Over the top-" A W E S O M E"

Thanks Marty!

I always liked the Cool Pix line! Is it a SLR (single lens reflex)? If it is, it would surely have the ability to set the aperture, and that's the main thing that will give you better depth of field. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about the fuzziness at the other end of the car... you can even get that on a partial side-shot, and really, nobody is going to notice when your fab models' most visible parts are in the foreground! ;)

It's a Cool Pix 100 if that tells you anything. ^_^

I think your models and your pics are just fine....

Thank you Mike!

Very realistic model.In a truer scale setting it would be very difficult to detect that it is 1/25 scale.One to be very proud of for sure.

Thanks Tom!

Yeah, I keep telling myself that I have to put together at least some sort of "backdrop" for taking pics.

Unfortunately, it eats into my build time, & that I can not abide! :D

Steve

What a amazing build!,it's a shame the car isn't a convertible,as the beautiful work on the interior is all covered up.

Ah!.....But then it wouldn't be a bubble top!

If it were a convertible, it wouldn't have had the stripes on the seat inserts.

Many hardtops had cloth seat upholstery. Convertibles always had vinyl or leather seats for obvious "moisture" reasons.

This particular pattern was exclusive to the Invicta hardtop in '61.

The inserts would have been a solid color surrounded by the white stripe in the convertible.

Thank you Curtis!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

you might check with other modelers in your area to see if anyone has a diorama in 1/25 that you could photograph your cars on.

Actually Tom, I don't even know any other modelers in my area.

I'm sure they exist, but I don't know any of them.

I guess at some point, I'll just have to make my own. :P

Steve

Thanks Pacen!

It's MCW 1969 GM "Azure Turquoise".

Same color my 1:1 '69 Grand Prix is.

Called "Crystal Turquoise" in the Pontiac line.

Steve

oh so its an automotive paint? what ever it is it perfect! it just has that hint of satin in it and its my favorite shade of blue too

what does MCW stand for then?

"Model Car World".

Check them out!

Steve                                                                                                                                    http://mcwautomotivefinishes.com

Thank you guys!

Yes - the aperture is fixed. So, you can't change depth of field. Too bad... if anything would make your models look even better, it would be the photography. 

I agree Frank.

Unfortunately, I can only handle one hobby at a time! :P

Photography is not very high on my list for a second one.

I guess I'll just make due with what I can handle.

Steve

Actually Tom, I don't even know any other modelers in my area.

I'm sure they exist, but I don't know any of them.

I guess at some point, I'll just have to make my own. :P

Steve

Just thinjking that a post on this forum asking if any other modelers are located in your area might just provide some new contacts for you.Good luck either way.

Just thinjking that a post on this forum asking if any other modelers are located in your area might just provide some new contacts for you.Good luck either way.

There are a few guys from the central & Northern part of my state, but I've yet to see anyone posting on this forum from South East Minnesota.

But hey, you never know! :)

Steve

Ah!.....But then it wouldn't be a bubble top!

If it were a convertible, it wouldn't have had the stripes on the seat inserts.

Many hardtops had cloth seat upholstery. Convertibles always had vinyl or leather seats for obvious "moisture" reasons.

This particular pattern was exclusive to the Invicta hardtop in '61.

The inserts would have been a solid color surrounded by the white stripe in the convertible.

Steve, your interior does look great, but in 1:1  interiors of that era didn't hold up well at all.  I think they called the material saran, and it shredded up in a few years.   That's why Rayco seat covers was such a big business back in the 1960s!    Today, I have modern cars with 160-200,000 miles on them without a tear in the interiors!

There are a few guys from the central & Northern part of my state, but I've yet to see anyone posting on this forum from South East Minnesota.

But hey, you never know! :)

Steve

Good luck locating some modelers in your area.I took a few things to a small show last weekend and another fellow asked me where I live.We found out we only live a few blocks apart and neither of us was aware of it.It seems like every time I post anything here I get a very positive reaction from someone somewhere that helps with what ever I'm doing.

Steve, your interior does look great, but in 1:1  interiors of that era didn't hold up well at all.  I think they called the material saran, and it shredded up in a few years.   That's why Rayco seat covers was such a big business back in the 1960s!    Today, I have modern cars with 160-200,000 miles on them without a tear in the interiors!

Kind of like everything else on the cars back then.

If the engine made it to 100,000 miles you were extremely lucky.

Now 100,000 miles is half the life of the engine. :)

Steve

Good luck locating some modelers in your area.I took a few things to a small show last weekend and another fellow asked me where I live.We found out we only live a few blocks apart and neither of us was aware of it.It seems like every time I post anything here I get a very positive reaction from someone somewhere that helps with what ever I'm doing.

Thanks Tom.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

You never know who might pop up! ;)

Steve