Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #235

Real or Model #235  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Model?

• Real
    • Model

Real. Metal looks highly polished, panels fit right, hood looks thin, wheels that I haven't seen in scale before. Even paint, no foil lines, light green windshield tint...

I'll say real, too, but for all the reasons above it looks so heavily retouched that it becomes original art. In that case, it would be neither real nor model. Maybe a Photoshop fantasy. 

Edited by sjordan2

The picture doses have a look of a computer-generated image. Since it is not Photoshopped but rendered from some sort of CAD drawing, would that make it a model? :unsure:  Otherwise it is a strangely looking photo of a real car.

I have not used any CAD model, or image that has been extensively photoshopped. I suppose some touch-up may have occurred, but from where I got it, I believe the "photoshop look" to be a direct effect of the lighting used.

I think Hot Rodding magazine probably digitally removed sponsor stickers (copyright issues?) after they shot the car in the studio, and that's why it has such a Photoshopped look. Here's how it looked at the 2011 SEMA show. And if you compare the interior shots between the link in post #1 and the one below, it looks like the magazine also deleted the logo on the driver's seat.

Edited by sjordan2

• 1 month later...