Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram had a '68 and Revell had a '69. Both were recently re-issued, should be able to find them easy enough.

They were both originally Monogram. The kit was originally a '69 Judge, was reissued with modified parts to make a sorta-'68. Both are still VERY common.

If you want a 1/25 '69 GTO, get the MPC reissue "Judge" funny car. The body is a stock promo body with stock emblems, bumpers, etc. Then scrounge up a donor kit for chassis, engine, interior, and so forth (many have used the common reissued '72 GTO).

If you want a 1/25 '69 GTO, get the MPC reissue "Judge" funny car. The body is a stock promo body with stock emblems, bumpers, etc. Then scrounge up a donor kit for chassis, engine, interior, and so forth (many have used the common reissued '72 GTO).

I am looking for a 1/25 scale 69 G.T.O. Does the reissued MPC kit have the proper G.T.O. "The Juge" graphics. 

I am looking for a 1/25 scale 69 G.T.O. Does the reissued MPC kit have the proper G.T.O. "The Juge" graphics. 

The reissued funnycar I bought (Model King reissue, I think) has the Judge graphics on the decal sheet in three colors IIRC.

Nova, I just doublechecked the copy of this kit (MPC Judge funnycar) I bought more recently at Hobby Lobby. It has ONE set of Judge stripes in yellow and black, and I have no idea how accurate they are. NO Judge name (stock) graphics.

The Model King issue from about a decade ago had the good decals I spoke of earlier.

I think good stock decals might be available on the aftermarket. Someone else might know more.

• Snake a JAS are correct. The recent Round2 '69 GTO funny car and '72 GTO fit fine. I believe the interior seat pattern is the only flaw as it is the last design of 1972. I cut open the '69 hood with a #11 Xacto. It is a promo hood and a bit thick, but no problem. The last Round2 GTO has screws and holes for the chassis which, believe it or not, fit the '69 body.

I did mine with a resin interior from Missing Link but Kevin may not have any more.

FYI,, the interior from the Monogram 1/24 '69 GTO will fit with a bit of work. Trimming and sectioning a bit from the floor. It's the right size to go in after the ridges on the outside of the top of the door panel area are trimmed off but it's still too deep for a chassis plate to sit in properly. The Monogram dash is actually slightly smaller [despite being a larger scale] than the MPC dash.

I used a modified AMT '69 Chevelle chassis plate under mine modded to have poseable front wheels

IMG 1731

Here's a link to my build album of the car.

http://public.fotki.com/SteveMilberry/projects/69-gto/

Edited by Can-Con