Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Ford Ranger Pickup

Beautifully done - great color, top notch finish work - everything crisp and clean!  What was your impression of the kit?  Decent fit with no drama?  Saw this at HL the other day and was thinking it might make a good first glue kit for my son.

There is some drama with fitting the hood, also a good bit of drama fitting the frame to the cab with the interior tub in place during final assembly. I had to heat the interior tub at the floor pans on both sides and reshape to give me about the 1/4 inch I needed to make it work. I honestly wouldn't recommend for a first time glue kit. But I guess that depends on how old your son is. The kit is good subject matter though. 

There is some drama with fitting the hood, also a good bit of drama fitting the frame to the cab with the interior tub in place during final assembly. I had to heat the interior tub at the floor pans on both sides and reshape to give me about the 1/4 inch I needed to make it work. I honestly wouldn't recommend for a first time glue kit. But I guess that depends on how old your son is. The kit is good subject matter though. 

Understood Tim, thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

teach me the art of paint like that. Very nice build

It isn't hard. Something I have learned recently is prep work is most important. Also, the brand of primer you use, you should also use the color coats and clear coats from the same brand. 

Did you use a clearcoat? I plan on using that very same paint in the near future.

Yes, I used Dupli-color acrylic enamel clear.