Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wasteland 'hover' bike Extreme Edition, ver. MK4

This build was inspired from a 3D artist drawing of a wasteland hover bike, I found on the net. The 3D drawing gave me the fuel to build something similar. But as always, I kind of like to tweak things to give it my personal design. The build is a mixture of 60% kitbashing and 40% scratch building. So here is my Wasteland hover bike, the fourth(and last. For now at least of hover crafts I have completed over period of time),: I will then jump back to renovating a truck build, I'd been planning for some time. 

Unfortunately, I decided to take pics of this build, whilst I was in the middle of it. So the actual beginning stages are not shown( things like me cutting the roof and chassis of the outer shell of the bike) But you can pretty much see how it was done.  So the wip photos are at a minimum. So do not expect part-for-part photos of everything I used. Sorry. It will be rather quick. To get the various angle I just sparsely cut the different section plastic card into 3 sections then bend each sections carefully to get the angle I needed.

I used several kits, varying from Italeri M977 to Tamiya bike kit(of course). A MAN kit part was also used in the making. Everything from small house materials to tiny kit parts with different dimensions. The parts that I could not find, I just scratch built. So, I hope you like the build. It is 95% completed.

--------------------

----------------------------

The 3-section roof made by making incisions at two locations, in order for the roof to be angled:

-------------------------------

I used plaster to cover the seat and then it will be painted to give it that leather- worn look later on:

--------------------

Cutting the leather fabric to fit the seat and back covers:

-----------------------

The front of the hover bike with all its attributes:

Upper side Spoilers:

----------------------

The roof painted. Don't worry about the scratches. They part of the build.  :

--------------------------

The extra side mini jet burnes or whatever you what to call them. They will help the bike to do small side movements.

-----------------------

The main burner stack tubes for the back:

Extra computer gadgets for the inner roof of the bike.

------------------

This part is going to be the monitor, which the driver can see what is in front of him:

----------------------------

Added the actual monitor background:

The monitor has a gyro sensor mechanism built in to the monitor itself. Has the driver pushes away the handle bars the signal is sent to the on-board computer which in turn moves the bike into the requested position given by the driver. Almost like a segway, but more advanced:

---------------------------

The monitor painted. I will need to add a wire from the simulated brake grip to the monitor:

-----------------------

The rear mechanics of the entire vehicle. you can see the various parts I used:

-----------------------------

Taking Shape:

The different components pre-mounted inside the roof. Gonna add decals and do some paint touch-ups.

--------------------

Not sure about these but I will test them out to see if they might fit in:

-----------------------

The side jet boosters are in place. So far, so good. The whole thing is starting to look awesome.

The under circular protective grid for the hover engine:

-----------------------

The leather material I am using  for the back seat rest.

-----------------------

More plaster used has the back padding for the seat:

---------------------

Almost done with this build. This is how it looks so far. Will be adding some more details and have a go at weathering it:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...