Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings from Southern Ohio

Hey everyone,

First, thanks for allowing me to join in on all the fun!

I was an avid car modeler in my youth and that has kinda waned in my adult life as I became more interested in building the 1:1 cars rather than their miniature cousins. My current 1:1 project is building a replica of my first new car.... a Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino. My old ride hadn't moved a foot when I realized I had a brain fart by letting go of the car I had had for over 15 years, but I promised myself I would get her back one day. When the S&H movie came out in 2004, I reminded myself of that promise and the search for my ole steed began. After months of searching, phone calls, wanted posters, cold tips and countless fruitless road trips, it became clear she was not to be found, so I began my search for her replacement. Another few months of searching and the ideal candidate was located on eBay, shipped to Ohio from Washington state and the cloning process began.

With the release of the movie (which was a lame excuse to use the characters and storyline of the series IMHO), there came a renewed interest in the franchise and all kinds of stuff began appearing on the market... DVD's of the series and movie, die casts, slot cars, muscle machines, miniature rc cars and now.... the 1/25 scale S&H Gran Torino model. When I got wind of this forthcoming release, I began to dig out all my old hobby supplies in anticipation of building this kit to be a miniature of my 1:1 project, which is a clone of the seasons 2-4 TV Hero Gran Torinos. I am luck enough to not only know the owners of these two pieces of TV history, but even got to drive one.... STRIKE THAT OFF THE BUCKET LIST!

I look forward to once again getting my feet wet building/modifying the Revell Starsky Torino kit as well as other kits I've seen that have whetted my appetite to build more of these miniature beauties!

Again, thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing what everyone else is building!