Model Cars Magazine Forum

Possible project?

I had posted this truck in What cool trucks have you seen... the other day. Today I drove by and they had lifted the tank off the frame spoke to the owner. He sold the tank but is keeping the truck. It has 788 miles on it. All between the airport and the bulk plant.It was the airport tender here for years. He plans to restore it to pull a trailer to display his old tractors. I photographed the tank body and took measurement. I think it might loog good behind my R190.

IMG_2999.jpg

Edited by landman

• 2 weeks later...

Looks similar to that tanker truck from Lindberg.....The Dodge version.....You might be able to do a little slicing and dicing on a couple of those.....However you go about it, I'm sure it will look pretty cool....Great idea.....

And a nice looking old 1:1 you've found.....Really low miles, too....

That can make a VERY cool build! I was a Fire Chief of a department that had an old corn binder like that one. It hauled a 1000 gallon tank. Kind of overloaded, but made a very neat looking unit. Alas, we replaced it with a newer Ford LN series truck, and the old girl went off to the scrapper. Crying shame, as it also had under 10K miles.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...