[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
landman

Possible project?

I had posted this truck in What cool trucks have you seen... the other day. Today I drove by and they had lifted the tank off the frame spoke to the owner. He sold the tank but is keeping the truck. It has 788 miles on it. All between the airport and the bulk plant.It was the airport tender here for years. He plans to restore it to pull a trailer to display his old tractors. I photographed the tank body and took measurement. I think it might loog good behind my R190.

IMG_2999.jpg

Edited by landman

Go for it!

X's 2 That would be a really great project.

Be Well

Gator

Would you be willing to share photos and measurements with us. 

Gary

Would you be willing to share photos and measurements with us. 

Gary

Sure. Let me do a clean sketch first. I doubt you'd be able to understand my original.

OK Chuck. I've been looking for the  tank for part of today. The guy who got it works at a bodyshop and I thought it'd be there. But it isn't. I want to take more pictures.

Edited by landman

Do you know what company built the tanker body? 

No, but now that it is off the truck, there may be a plate visible somewhere. It is either inside his fenced-in area or he took it to the scrapyard which is practically across the road.

Went to the place it ended up at and took more photos and measurements.

Looks like a very cool build. I may very possibly be thinking wrong but could that be modified for the trailer of the duel truck

Rich

Looks similar to that tanker truck from Lindberg.....The Dodge version.....You might be able to do a little slicing and dicing on a couple of those.....However you go about it, I'm sure it will look pretty cool....Great idea.....

And a nice looking old 1:1 you've found.....Really low miles, too....

Here are some measurements. there is a door 52" wide by 46" in the back which opens up from the top of the bumper.

This my friends is a potato chip container. It happens to be oval in cross section and very close to a 1:25 profile of that tank.

That can make a VERY cool build! I was a Fire Chief of a department that had an old corn binder like that one. It hauled a 1000 gallon tank. Kind of overloaded, but made a very neat looking unit. Alas, we replaced it with a newer Ford LN series truck, and the old girl went off to the scrapper. Crying shame, as it also had under 10K miles.

Great idea to start from.....Never would have though of that.....I think I'm going to use that one....Awesome idea....

How is the tanker coming along Pat?  Looks like a cool project

X's 2 That would be a really great project.

Be Well

Gator

X 3!!