Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1936 FORD COUPE - ENGINE QUESTION

This kit comes with a flathead engine, and another that I would really like to identify - it's very classy looking, and I had to assemble it by trying parts out, because there was nothing about this engine in the instructions. So, put your thinking caps on guys, and tell me what kind of engine this is... thanks! :D

Edited by fseva

Yes, it's a Pontiac. Actually, the valve covers, headers and air filters are pretty nice. The headers are also appropriate for other older V8 engines with siamesed or very-close-together exhaust ports, like the early Rocket Olds. The carbs will clean up and look good, but it takes some effort. Looks like an alternator and bracket have been added since the early issues of this kit I'm familiar with.

If you want a good Pontiac, get the Revell parts-pack version.

DSCN9608_zpsa89adcd1.jpg

Yes, it's a Pontiac. Actually, the valve covers, headers and air filters are pretty nice. The headers are also appropriate for other older V8 engines with siamesed or very-close-together exhaust ports, like the early Rocket Olds. The carbs will clean up and look good, but it takes some effort. Looks like an alternator and bracket have been added since the early issues of this kit I'm familiar with.

I sort of forgot to mention that the alternator and bracket came from my parts stash, as did the fan. Nice catch! :o