Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Pontiac Catalina

crazyjim

The box art inspired me to try and do a build like it.  I used HOK tangelo pearl, kit parts for the front and parts box for the rear.  The interior was gutted and then a full length console, TV, and Nova bucket seats were added. (Hope you like it Cobraman)

Gonna pack this puppy up and haul it to Tampa for the MAGS show with NSRA and enter the custom class.

The shifter doesn't come out of the console? I don't think I've ever seen a car with a console and a floor shifter where the shifter doesn't come out of the console. I'll have to google that and see. If that's the case, I can't believe I missed that all these years/

I've seen shifters off-center in consoles (like right on the edge so much that they may look like they aren't coming out of the console)  but I haven't seen a floor shifter next to a console...yet.

This particular choice of this custom build detracts nothing from the rest of this fine build, great work.

Great build and the interior is outstanding. The shifter business, the shifter on O.E.M. consoles usually had an area toward the driver from center where the shifter would come thru the floor. This was because the shift linkage is on the driver side of the transmission. With automatics they are usually cable driven and can be mounted almost anywhere. Since this is a custom interior you can mount the shifter where ever you want.