Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone seen this?

chadrob30

Lindberg call it a 34, but is actually a 32.

As for '32-'34 Ford roadster pickups, there is almost NO difference in the real 1:1 cabs.  The '33-'34 Ford truck cabs were a continuation of the '32 unit, the only noticeable difference being that the '32 Closed Cab has an extra, wider raised rib around the back of its cab, which Ford added, due to sheet metal fatigue from having the back of the seat bolted to the sheet metal cab back.  That extra raised rib would not show on the roadster pickup body.

Art

They've been out a week or two. I haven't opened one up for fear of melting my face off Ark of the Covenant style. It is an ancient Lindberg kit it's based on. It is made in the USA so it's git that going for it...

Didn't the pickup originally start out as an AMT kit, or am I thinking of something else?

The Roadster pickup is what we're talking about here. I'm 99% sure it's a Lindberg original from the stone ages, I don't think it's a Pyro or anything they picked up along the way. I think it just had a name originally it wasn't until 90's/2000's reissues (pictured above) it was labeled as a 34.  The AMT closed cab 34 pickup is a classic. This is...  not. 

If anyone has one, could you please post a picture of the decal sheet? 

The Roadster pickup is what we're talking about here. I'm 99% sure it's a Lindberg original from the stone ages, I don't think it's a Pyro or anything they picked up along the way. I think it just had a name originally it wasn't until 90's/2000's reissues (pictured above) it was labeled as a 34.  The AMT closed cab 34 pickup is a classic. This is...  not. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is an old Lindberg kit.