Model Cars Magazine Forum

Raptor Trophy Truck, Monster Energy

I'll be using a snap Ford Raptor to make a Trophy Truck. I'll have to shorten the cab to make a small window in the rear quarter. Then I'll have to scrtbuild some fenders for it.
The frame will be completely scratch and the engine will be a Nascar one modified to look modern. I think of using the shocks from a Monster truck but that's not sure yet. I already ordered tires and wheels for it
Here the drawing I made to start with and some photos found on the web...

MonsterEnergyTrophyTruck-vi.jpg

hnmsliderashcraftframe2-vi.jpg

torsportstrophytruckmadmedia07-vi.jpg

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rrgrbfwfsbswrst...dmedia11-vi.jpg

1007FordRaptorF150PU-vi.jpg

lot of design work has been done. Now I have to plan what parts I'll used that I won't have to fabricated. Tonight I finished grinding the body and filling the void with melted styrene. That will take a lot more time to cure but to me it makes a stronger bond.

I started working on the chassis. I made the chassis plate with styrene. Here a first mockupIMG_4220.thumb.JPG.1c57d69a67ed2b20e66eaIMG_4221.thumb.JPG.199654e608d666709533d

Edited by signmike

Lookin great. You'll have this done in no time.

Not sure, There still a lot to do on the chassis. I don't want it to look bare so will add some detailing to it when the basic shape is done. Theres also the interior paneling, the dash too, the racing seats... Not mentioning the fabrication of the suspension component. Plus an engine and a modified differential too. Then finishing and painting...I,m a long way from home...

I used melted styrene. I just put some off cuts from the sprue in a jar and fille it with liquid cement. When completely dried it is as strong as the body plastic. I had issues with epoxies and cyano glues before so this tiem i'm trying this method. So far it is good but takes a long time to cure.