Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth W-900 Wrecker

Jon Cole

It was the same issue with the "new" starting ramp & Space Shuttle by Revell. A complete tree was missing. Revell was aware of this problem and sent the missing tree on request.

This issue with the "new" little wrecker isn't known here in Germany so far. Why? Because the kit was only sold in the US :(

Funny thing: the scale is stange. I have the little wrecker with the orange stripes (kit #07402 reissue of 2010) an the issue of the dump truck (kit #07523 of 1994). Both basically the Kenworth W900. The dump trucks scale is 1/24 and the wrecker 1/25. But the trees are the same. Definitely. The body's totally the same size and the trees have the same styrene color :D. So what scale is it in real?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anybody know if there was a particular production run that can be identified by serial number that has the missing parts tree? I have one of these kits in my collection and would prefer to keep it sealed but am worried that it might be one of the ones missing pieces.

• 2 years later...
On 11/11/2016 at 10:51 AM, whitetrash said:

Does anybody know if there was a particular production run that can be identified by serial number that has the missing parts tree? I have one of these kits in my collection and would prefer to keep it sealed but am worried that it might be one of the ones missing pieces.

It doesn't sound like that happened. Definitely something people should be aware of going forward, and it's highly unlikely new Revell will provide those replacement parts any longer.

Here's the Service Bulletin which is posted on Revell's site:

Revell kit 85-2510 Kenworth W-900 Wrecker

service-alert-85-2510-2a.jpgservice-alert-85-2510-1a.jpg

Please be aware that 1 tree in the bagged parts is missing from this kit. A picture of the missing tree is shown. This tree contains parts for the boom and other structures in the kit. The part numbers range from 172 to 274 and It is a total of 48 parts. Revell is in the process of having the correct tree of parts molded. However these parts will not be available until the middle of Jan. 2016.

As soon as the replacement trees arrive we will send them out to everyone who has requested them. You can contact Revell in 3 ways: first through revell.com and use our Online Parts Request form, second by mail, or you can call us at 800-833-3570. If you are calling us, please be sure to state you are calling about this kit. We are making an exception for this kit and we will allow phone-in orders. When ordering on-line please put "missing tree" on the "Part Description" line. You do not need to list all the individual parts. For the part number please use 8525100900. We appreciate your cooperation and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Update: The replacement parts mentioned in this alert are now available. We have started sending out parts to everyone including distributors, stores and consumers. If you have already sent us your request, please be patient we are processing the orders as fast as we can. If not, please let us know using one of the 3 ways mentioned in this alert. Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Posted: January 11, 2016

Edited by Casey

On 11/12/2018 at 2:12 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Well now this this just makes me kind of mad. I had no idea about any of this. I just broke the seal on both of mine and both are missing the tree.

That stinks, but hopefully anyone considering buying the latest reissue will have read this and insist upon buying only an unsealed kit, knowing there are parts missing inside a sealed kit.

I would look for the earlier version with the red and yellow decals, they had all the parts.
The problem is that Revell can't help right now, I tried to get a new cab for my KW K100 reissue kit wich came out late 2016 as the cab was cracked, the same basic cab is in the K100 Aerodyne wich came out even later, but they could not help me.

Edited by Force

10 hours ago, Warren D said:

Could not help or would not help?

When Blitz bought the U.S. side they didn't get whatever inventory it was Revell possessed in EGV that they were using to do part fulfillment requests. So they can't replace anything unless it was either molded in Poland (aka RevellAG kits) or has been produced since last month when the new U.S. Office was established and they began to run kits again using the U.S. tooling.

One last parting kick in the pants from the management of Hobbico on their way out the door.

Edited by niteowl7710

As far as I know all truck glue kits from Revell were molded in Poland and they are all originally Revell AG issues.
The most recent KW K100, W900 Wrecker and Peterbilt 359 Wrecker reissues were issued by Revell US, but all the plastic parts were molded in Poland, the tires were molded in China, the boxes were printed in China, and the kits were packaged in USA...so I thought it was a bit strange that they couldn't help as the cab is a plastic part and molded in Poland...and the same goes for the missing parts tree from the W900 Wrecker.

Edited by Force

On 11/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, Force said:

As far as I know all truck glue kits from Revell were molded in Poland and they are all originally Revell AG issues.
The most recent KW K100, W900 Wrecker and Peterbilt 359 Wrecker reissues were issued by Revell US, but all the plastic parts were molded in Poland, the tires were molded in China, the boxes were printed in China, and the kits were packaged in USA...so I thought it was a bit strange that they couldn't help as the cab is a plastic part and molded in Poland...and the same goes for the missing parts tree from the W900 Wrecker.

The parts were molded there and then sent over in bulk and were packaged stateside. Revell was effectively contracting with AG to do a production run for them.