Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth W-900 Wrecker

Jon Cole

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody had any problems with missing pieces in this kit? New blue and white box.

I purchased three of them from a very reputable mail order hobby shop ( it's not their fault) and all were missing the wrecker boom, over a hundred parts.

This is an old Revell Germany kit, now released under Revell America, and given all the problems with the RG kits in the recent past, I'm not sure if I want an exchange or a refund.

This is an old Revell Germany kit, now released under Revell America, and given all the problems with the RG kits in the recent past, I'm not sure if I want an exchange or a refund.

Actually it's a Revell U.S. kit, hence the 1/25 scaling.  It was designed back when Revell was still in California, and much like the Auto Transport Trailer the tooling was done 3rd Party in Europe, so the tooling always stayed with Revell AG. 

As far as a refund/exchange, why not contact Revell and let them know all three kits are missing parts.  Then they can send you the missing parts runner(s).  Chances are there might be several cases of them that got packed that way, and it allows them to pull the remaining ones to have them checked.  The kits were run in Poland, and then sent over in bulk bins and packed in the U.S., so someone just wasn't on their "A" game one day at work.  Very similar to when some of the new tool Mk1 Golf kits were packaged with the wrong interiors last year, not every one was wrong, but several cases worth were mis-packed.

Edited by niteowl7710

If we go by that almost all Revell AG trucks must originally have been U.S. kits or designed in the U.S., all the versions of the Peterbilt 359's, Marmon's, Kenworth K100's W900's and T600's and some of the trailers issued by Revell AG are 1:25th scale.
To my knowledge the only trucks from Revell AG issued by Revell US was the Peterbilt 359 "Will Do" Wrecker issued 2013-14 and now the Kenworth W900 Wrecker.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody had any problems with missing pieces in this kit? New blue and white box.

I purchased three of them from a very reputable mail order hobby shop ( it's not their fault) and all were missing the wrecker boom, over a hundred parts.

I noticed that Tower Hobbies has them listed as "temporarily unavailable", so I wonder if they are going through their inventory and checking them?

• 1 month later...

I noticed that Tower Hobbies has them listed as "temporarily unavailable", so I wonder if they are going through their inventory and checking them?

Just noticed that Tower Hobbies is showing this as back in stock. They must have fixed whatever was wrong, hopefully everyone who had bought one got their replacement parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...