Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 DOH Conversion

DR JAY

Hello folks. I had recently posted this build on another forum, but shortly afterward it went down for repairs and has remained that way for a couple of weeks now. I started this as soon as the DOH Charger was re released. The only aftermarket stuff I used were the photoetch oil cooler grille, the resin wheels, the nuts and bolts used for the suspension and wheel studs/nuts and the white vinyl numbers and hood call outs which were done on a friend's vinyl cutter. My reference was countless pictures of Nichels cages and chassis as well as advice from people who worked on and/or own Chrysler stock cars of this vintage. The #5 has no significance other that nobody actually ran that # in 1969.  I see now that Scott and Futurattraction have come out with a handsome set of seatbelt hardware that would have saved me hours of work making my own. Anyhoo--here are a few outdoor shots of the finished product and the Photobucket link will take you to the in-progress shots of the build, which was my 1st large scale build ever. I'm not afraid of comments or tips. Thanks for looking.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/drjay2/library/1969 Grand National Dodge Charger Project?sort=3&page=4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...