Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jawbreaker

drsnapper55

This is box stock except for a few locating tabs and rivets on the front runner and scrap styrene inside the blower intake (to cover the seam).  The drag chute cord is string.  For a more nostalgic look, I went with the traditional headers in the kit as opposed to the 'up-swept' headers.  I used Krylon Pistachio Satin for the color.  Thank you for looking, and thank you and for any comments.

Jawbreaker1_zpsbxtfi4cy.jpg

Jawbreaker3_zps8cxuwua2.jpg

Jawbreaker2_zpsstnxyrks.jpg

Edited by drsnapper55

Thank you for all the compliments.

I just bought this, any problems with assembly?

I found the front suspension assembly to be challenging - you have to get the angle of the first front axle piece just right, and fit it to the bottom front runner so that all the other suspension pieces fit properly.  A five minute epoxy worked well for me here which also gave me time to eyeball (slight part warpage) and align.  The body attaches kind of precariously, so I made two very small scrap plastic locating tabs on the chassis.  Somewhat unnecessary, but it's hardly noticeable and definitely more solid than resting the body on the seat edges.  Also, definitely reinforce the body halves, and you will have to notch out a place for the water pump on the top front runner piece.  Minor stuff, but I can see how these might cause some frustration if overlooked.  I would build the kit again.  Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...