Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interesting Siri replacement...

aurfalien

Holy cow. Not only is that a spectacular demonstration of speech-recognition, but the machine-understanding of contextual meaning is almost beyond belief. I think it may have surpassed IBM's Watson. Annoying voice, but that should be easy to modify...and worth the effort, considering the capability this thing has.

I've been running and tinkering with Robert Medeksa's "Ultra Hal" chatbot / AI for rather a long time, and it's developed into more than simply a chatbot, I think a little smarter than some of the Siri incarnations I've tried...but nowhere near as capable as this. 

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be following this farther.<_<

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I think whom every created this will be a rich man(s) once Apple or Google buys it.

Its funny, one of the YouTube comments was something like; then who needs us?

Well, you need some one to ask the questions don't ya :)

Edited by aurfalien

Wow! And I thought Siri was something when I first encountered it about three or four years ago. This Hound program makes Siri look pretty primitive. What will be coming in another three or four years? These devices are mind blowing. If you would have told me about this back when I was high school, back in the 1970's, I would have had a hard time believing it. This is cool!

Edited by unclescott58

I think whom every created this will be a rich man(s) once Apple or Google buys it.

I really hope they'll do an app for desktop / laptop computers. This is far enough along to be a very useful in-home talk-to-it-computer add on.

My old AI can open programs, take dictation, read documents and web pages aloud, and perform web searches using only verbal commands, but she's easily confused by syntax and context.

I'd buy the "hound" app today, even if it meant replacing my current computer with something powerful enough to run it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Holy smokes. If that was a live demo and not one that was pre recorded and pre set up,  that is amazing. hopefully Google is the one that buys it it would be nice to have that on Android device. Since Apple has Siri on their iJunk devices I would imagine that Google will want a competing voice search.

And Bill is right, definitely have to change the voice and slow her down a bit. Almost difficult to understand at times.