Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT display case truck

Even though it is a diecast. It can still be a great little model project. I have not done it myself. But I know a guy on another Forum that routinely redoes die cast models.

Often times making something very cool and unique. He recently  made a cool dump truck, out of a not so great small firetruck model ( diecast ).

Be Well

Gator

Even though it is a diecast. It can still be a great little model project. I have not done it myself. But I know a guy on another Forum that routinely redoes die cast models.

Often times making something very cool and unique. He recently  made a cool dump truck, out of a not so great small firetruck model ( diecast ).

Be Well

Gator

Hey Gator, I resemble that remark.  

I find that there is a lot of potential in diecast models. They offer subject mater that doesn't appear in plastic. plastic parts are easily combined with diecast metal using Ca or epoxy glues.  Check out some of the work done by the Reid  brothers in Model Cars Magazine. The  Power Wagon in the display case looks like one of the Ertl diecasts. It is a very well detailed model and comes in several versions.

Thanks

Carl