Model Cars Magazine Forum

Goldenrod (or was it Gold Member?)

Maybe this is a littlebit too raunchy for some and if it violates the rules in some way than just remove it.

I built this one for the theme class at the Norwegian Challenge show some years ago. The theme for that year was Outrages showrods.

Those of you that can see what it is built from will recognise what it is and if you don't than maybe you are just a littlebit too young but just wait a few years and you will understand ;)

Built in about 20 minutes with axles and wheels from MPC Swithcers 32 Ford glued on with quick setting epoxy glue. At the show it was left running "on idle" on the table.

At the recent Classic Car Show in Trondheim our local modellingclub had a stand and I brought this one, we put it on top of one of the IKEA glass cabinets that we had to show of our models in to keep it out of view of small children.

A couple in their 30s walked by our stand and the man pointed it out to his girlfriend where upon she laughed out and said: Oh!! I had one of those but it did not have wheels on it!!:lol:

Buying it: "It's for a model car. No, really."

Yes, I don't think the young girl behind the counter in the store really understood what I was going to do with it when I asked her how long the battery lasts.

Certainly outrageous! 

Yes, just as driveable as many of the real outrageous show rods.

Thanks for the commets :)

Yes, this did make a buzz at the show, both among the crowd and on the table. Sadly I could only have it running at the Norwegian Challenge show because at the next show I went to (the IPMS show) the tablecloth was of a more slippery type and it started moving around:lol: