Model Cars Magazine Forum

Official Tri-State Scale Model Car Club 30th. Anniversary

Today at our meeting Founding Member Bob Gill advised us that today is the 30th. anniversary date of the Tri-State club. I was not there at the beginning but have been privileged to be a member for some twenty-three years. It has been my pleasure to be part of the friendship and camaraderie of the wonderful group of men and women that make up this dedicated band of modelers. The club has been active in promoting shows through the Grow The Hobby Fund, and has supported the International Model Car Builders' Museum for many years. It also puts on NNL East every Spring, the world's biggest car model show and aftermarket swap meet. Congratulations to everyone on this significant milestone.

http://tssmcc.com/

Thanks for posting this Bill!    I think it means we are getting old!  :P

I was not a charter member either.  I came in as a spectator for NNL East 3.  I discovered Scale Auto Enthusiast Magazine and there was a classified ad for the club. I replied, and was told about the show.  I had always wanted to go to a model show as a kid, so it was on my bucket list.  So of course I seized that opportunity, and was instantly hooked!  Little did I know how much that simple decision would change my life forever!  

And of course we will celebrate NNL East 30 on April 16, 2016.   Be there everyone!

NNL East 30 decals

And for the NNL East 30th Anniversary, the Tri-State Scale Model Car Club has printed a special edition decal sheet! The sub-theme is "NNL East 30th Anniversary Vehicles" And below are some examples of how people are using them, so we are sure to have a lot of cars on the theme table!

nnl30 car john

maverick2

nnl30 car doug

If you attended NNL East last year, the decal sheet was in the goodie bag, so you should have one.  Didn't attend?  We'd be happy to send you a sheet!  One to a customer, and if you already have a sheet, we have limited quantities left, so please leave them for the folks who don't have one!    Email to nnleast@aol.com including your name and mailing address and we'll put one in the mail to you.   The only catch is that you will be on our mailing list, and you'll get a neat color show postcard in the mail in January!