Model Cars Magazine Forum

Small little race stock car race team

Stroker Ace

Any time i ve build stock car racers from NASCAR (i knew theres are a lot of other race organizations through the dekades - like ARCA, IMCA, USAC, AAA, USAR, CASCAR a.s.o.), now i wanna be make a fictional small little stock car team like this (for example):  

1st - i made a typical trailer

2nd - the race car

coming soon the transporter...

Thanx guys 4 your comments...

Dear Mark,

What model kit? Good question - but i ashamed. The body was out of a grabbelbox from another model builder bought at ebay. It´s seems like the AMT/Ertl Darrel Waltrip Monte Carlo (yellow plastic, the bottom chassis and snap sticks inside) but the nose looks like a Regal - but never made by AMT/Ertl in these kit series? 

I want to built the car like a hobby stocker or imca dirt track racer, without windows. Tires from Monogram, wheels out of my own grabbelbox, exhausts made by stainless steel pipes. Car number come from a Rusty Wallace No. 2 Pontiac kit and the sponsor decals are from the Italeri 48ft "Texas Longhorns" reefer. I constructed better roll gages and struts in front of the driver dashboard (like dirt trackes do). On top of the front window the dirt trackers uses sun visors? - to that effect anyway a stripe on the roof - it´s polycarbonat sheet, painted in white

dsc04385ibcmb.jpg

dsc04373twc0u.jpg

dsc04370a3ee5.jpg

dsc04382bgfk6.jpg

dsc04394ghis4.jpg

Edited by Stroker Ace

With the addition of a aero drag part that kind of resembles what NASCAR tried in 2000, but about a scale six inches tall, and switching to Hoosier tires with four radial grooves around the tread on the tires, this would look like the street stock series that the Kimmel brothers started, the only under hood change would be switching to a Holley two barrel carb. 

You can also look at the Street Stock division that Circle Track Magazine has started using bodies like this one.