Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1936 Ford early custom

Richard Bartrop

Something i did last year.   The inspiration was a car built for Jack Odbert by Harry Westergard, though I did take a few liberties.  The windshield was chopped, and the padded roof was made from the coupe roof.   The grille and headlights came with the kit.  with turn signals and spotlights from AMT's '49 Mercury kit.  The tires are from the AMT '25 T kit, and the wheels are 1949 Mercury.  The original taillight mounts were filled, and a set of 1941 Studebaker taillights were made from scratch.  A recessed housing for the license plate and the cover were also fabricated.   The floor shift was removed,  and the steering wheel and column are casts of the pieces from the Revel '40 Ford Coupe.

36FordSide2.jpg

36Fordback.jpg

36FordInterior.jpg

Nice to see and a great model. Where did you get the LaSalle grill?

Building a Westergaard style 36 myself. I like the padded roof, a bit like the Rod &Custom never ending project 36.

Cheers for showing, J

Thanks!

The grille was part of the last issue of the kit, along with the custom headlight buckets.