Model Cars Magazine Forum

Group 29 - the thread for everyone's '29 Ford Roadster builds

Phildaupho

First kitbash of this kit...a '29A Highboy on '29A (instead othe '32 Deuce) frame rails.  Also...dual four barrel conversion for Buick nailhead, polished reflective firewall, hairpin radius rods, matchting big'n'little front and rear tires, steelies with chrome spyders from Holthaus..DSC 0264

• Like 2

Second kitbash...using the extra floor pan and instrument panel tucked into Norm Veber's '30 A Chopped Five Window Coupe body, early Caddy V8 with Man-A-Free intake, Replica and Minaitures wire wheels and big'n'little wide whites....AMT/Lindberg '34 Ford Pickup Grille and Grille Shell, '36 Ford Washington Blue paint with flat clearcoat... Halibrand Quick Change with transverse rear leaf spring....most everything else here is from the Revell '29A kit..DSC 0364DSC 0363.

DSC 0362

I did add exhaust header extensions and did some final cleanup after these photos,but this is 98% of the finished model.  

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's builds posted here.  Best...TIM 

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 2

Lots of great '29's posted already and looking forward to more. 

I have forwarded a link to this thread and a similar one on the Spotlight Hobbies forum to my colleagues at Revell.   

They are very pleased with the initial reaction to the kit and, I think, very impressed with the work that you guys are doing.  Way to go!   TIM  

• Like 1

This is really based on Revell's 29...2 of them in fact, with a Revell '32 sedan body, 34 pickup shell, transistor radio grille, Tommy Grove funny car wheels and tires, and everything  else is Revell 29...twice for the engines. It has a 12-pack! More photos in the post "Way 2 fast".

SANY0010.JPG

• Like 2

I'm going to try my luck with photo posting as it has been disastrous of late.  My good mate Marty (59Buick) got this in for me from the USA and I spent four nights and one afternoon on it.  Love the model, warts and all, and will be buying at least four more. 

I followed Tim and Drew's advice and hogged out the front crossmember and shaved the spring til it was wafer thin. Wheels are from Revell 32 Ford kits, using a Monogram NASCAR outer rim to widen the rears.  I am not totally happy with the tyre choice but second time was better than the first!  Small MPC on the front, and either Revell M&H or Revell Rat Roaster on the rear.  I had some old AMT Firestone Supreme redines on the front but the size, profile and stance was all wrong - a shame since the redwalls planted it right in 1965 where I wanted it.  Paint is Testors One Coat lacquer straight over bare plastic.

I can't understand why Revelll put a 30/31 firewall in  a 29 (and technically if the new 30 coupe is accurately scaled it shouldn't fit that either) so I sawed about 3mm off the front and glued printers aluminium over the top and carved it to shape.  Took about an hour and I am very pleased with the result.

Love the accurate windshield frame, love the long pegs on the door handles that let you glue them from inside the bod, love the great fit of the interior panels and seat, love the nailhead. love teh3 choice of headlights.

Not wild about the radiused wheelarches or the firewall and the height of the front end but none of these things are deal breakers.  It's a hot rod, there is no such thing as "stock"!

Cheers

Alan

IMG_9602.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9603.JPG

• Like 2

I'm going to try my luck with photo posting as it has been disastrous of late.  My good mate Marty (59Buick) got this in for me from the USA and I spent four nights and one afternoon on it.  Love the model, warts and all, and will be buying at least four more. 

I followed Tim and Drew's advice and hogged out the front crossmember and shaved the spring til it was wafer thin. Wheels are from Revell 32 Ford kits, using a Monogram NASCAR outer rim to widen the rears.  I am not totally happy with the tyre choice but second time was better than the first!  Small MPC on the front, and either Revell M&H or Revell Rat Roaster on the rear.  I had some old AMT Firestone Supreme redines on the front but the size, profile and stance was all wrong - a shame since the redwalls planted it right in 1965 where I wanted it.  Paint is Testors One Coat lacquer straight over bare plastic.

I can't understand why Revelll put a 30/31 firewall in  a 29 (and technically if the new 30 coupe is accurately scaled it shouldn't fit that either) so I sawed about 3mm off the front and glued printers aluminium over the top and carved it to shape.  Took about an hour and I am very pleased with the result.

Love the accurate windshield frame, love the long pegs on the door handles that let you glue them from inside the bod, love the great fit of the interior panels and seat, love the nailhead. love teh3 choice of headlights.

Not wild about the radiused wheelarches or the firewall and the height of the front end but none of these things are deal breakers.  It's a hot rod, there is no such thing as "stock"!

Cheers

Alan

IMG_9602.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9603.JPG

Alan...well now that certainly came out sharp!  Congrats, and thanks for taking the time to figure out how to post the images.  Needless to say, like the flat firewall conversion as well....TIM

• Like 2

IMG_9607.JPG

Hey Alan!   Good to see you got a copy of the new kit.  Love your modifications, especially the RHD conversion of course!   :D

• Like 2