Model Cars Magazine Forum

'27 T Roadster - Retro Drag: Updated 8-29-16

Dennis Lacy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dennis?? Calling Dennis??

Thanks for the continued interest in my little roadster, guys! It's still sitting exactly as it was last pictured except now it's in a box to keep it from getting dusty. I haven't done any modeling for the last couple of months because I strapped down and got hyper-focused on finishing my full-size '32 Pickup hot rod. It's been on the road for a few weeks now and I just today sat down at my bench and did a little work on a different project just to get the model juices flowing. The little roadster is very close to being paint-ready and I plan to get back on it very soon and work towards completion. I'll definitely post an update during the paint process.

Hosted on Fotki

B)

Edited by Dennis Lacy

• 6 months later...

Update!

A few weeks ago I got everything painted and over this past weekend I managed to get about halfway through final assembly. Hoping to get it finished over the coming holiday weekend. Here's some sub-assembly pictures and a mock up. I ended up changing the decal scheme just before paint after I scored the sheet from AMT's recent retro reissue of the '32 Vicky off of eBay for $3.50. Color is actually very dark blue.

B)

DSCN3340-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3341-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3344-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3346-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3347-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3349-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3355-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN3353-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Dennis Lacy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...