Model Cars Magazine Forum

900.00 Starsky and Hutch model!

I can think of all sorts of things I'd rather do with that kind of money, but if you put any kind of reasonable figure on the labour, that's probably what it would end up costing to build, and he did do a pretty nice job of it.

Man's got a legitimate point.<_<

The man builds impressive models and if he can get it it is honestly earned. 

The sadest thing about it is not the price it went for but that it is shipped trough the Ebay global shipping program, VERY slow and expensive is all I can say about that. One of the reasons that buying stuff trough Ebay is no longer an alternative in my eyes.

The sadest thing about it is not the price it went for but that it is shipped trough the Ebay global shipping program, VERY slow and expensive is all I can say about that. One of the reasons that buying stuff trough Ebay is no longer an alternative in my eyes.

I just ship myself and have ZERO  issues. 

I do not understand why folks use it.

I just ship myself and have ZERO  issues. 

I do not understand why folks use it.

Yes, faster and cheaper. I have gotten two parcels sent via USPS with Fist Class Package International and it reached me in less than a week (4 and 5 days). I also got a parcel sent trough the GSP and it was twice the price of the USPS First Class and took nearly two weeks.

Anyway, a very nicely built model and acctually (in my eyes) much better looking than the boy-racer looks of the S&H Torino. For the time he spent I'm guessing that the price is not very high.

Would I buy it?

No, but I like to build the models myself.

But I guess that for someone that wants a really nice model of a specific car this is a good way of getting it.

Bingo!  Paul is one of my favorite builders, and he's built up quite a following of people who will put their money where their mouth is!  I have him on my Favorite Sellers list so I get emails when he lists stuff.   A bit to much for my budget, but fun to watch!

I love seeing his builds - and I've noticed recently he's still using the 1956-62 California license plates I made back in 1983:

1aa.thumb.jpg.374ad8926ce4ca2badf1b3da98

(yes, I was once part of the aftermarket... I consider this an honor! :))

Edited by ChrisBcritter