Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC "COSMIC CHARGER" : On the Workbench 10/14/15 "Outside" finished pictures 12/23/15

John Teresi

John...that is one truly spectacular piece of work.  My deepest congratulations, Brother, you rock!    TIM 

Tim......thank you so much......you are a true Legend to the Modeling Industry......and I am Honoured and thankful that you like my work......I treasure this compliment.........thank you very much Sir:)

Hello......thank you all so very much or following along with this build and for the kind comments......I really did appreciate it:).......I attached the steering wheel and made a push bar......and added a "Pro Tech" 5 point seatbelt harness......I am finished with this build ......I will post "Outside" finished pictures in a few days.....thanks for looking

I swear John (not at you of course) that is so sweet.  I love those latest pics showing the overhead with the canopy open.  The paint is just stunning.  keeps one humble when you see what others can do.  You're some talent John.  cheers, tim

Again, this is an amazing model. I have been wondering if anyone knows if this car ever looked like the MPC box art, i.e., with the blower on top of the motor, and no wheel fairings. From what I've read , this car only ran a few times and was unsuccessful. All the photos I have seen of this car have the blower in front . Maybe the MPC people thought it looked better that way. Regardless, this is a beautiful model of a beautiful dragster.

Again, this is an amazing model. I have been wondering if anyone knows if this car ever looked like the MPC box art, i.e., with the blower on top of the motor, and no wheel fairings. From what I've read , this car only ran a few times and was unsuccessful. All the photos I have seen of this car have the blower in front . Maybe the MPC people thought it looked better that way. Regardless, this is a beautiful model of a beautiful dragster.

Speaking of the car being unsuccessful, I've always been blown away by the angle of exhaust discharge.  I'm no engineer by any stretch, but I'd think the exhaust pointing almost straight down would make the car want to lift.  Looks like something Jethro Bodine would come up with.  Maybe I'm just off and missing the point..... :huh:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...