Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC "COSMIC CHARGER" : On the Workbench 10/14/15 "Outside" finished pictures 12/23/15

John Teresi

I need to apologize because when I saw the first pic with stripes, I said a bad word. Not just any bad word, but one of the really, really, really bad ones.

Speaking of bad John, you're the baddest of the bad Dude. That's going to freak out a lot of people.

Magnifico

I did the same thing!!:lol::lol:

HOLY COW!!!!

I just started mine.I can not wait to see this at nnl west, I hope

Randy Ludi

Randy.......thanks,I just airbrushed a new green stripe down the middle of the body to resemble the paint job on the real car ......I`m ready to add the last clear coat....this build should be done this weekend......."CAUTION" beware of the decals......they are the worst I have ever worked with.......they do not slide very easy over a painted surface and mine were very brittle and tore in a lot of places......I did manage to repair a lot of the tears .......my paint job is not perfect......but,good enough for the girls I go with.........take your time and use a little bit of soapy water and a ton of MICRO SOL AND MICRO SET so that the decals don't stick to the paint or they will rip .......the soapy water will help the decals slide easy into place ......and the Micro Sol and Micro Set mixed together will help the decal form around the curved edges........I strongly suggest you you start with a small area so that you dont ruin the decals......  and you should be fine.......thanks

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I airbrushed a new green stripe down the middle of the body......I used Tamiya Light Green......then I used H.O.K. Pearl Lime Green over that........then I got the last coat of clear over the body.......I instaled the glass into the Canopy and instaled the chassis.........I will add the front end tomorrow and the rear wheels......thanks for looking.

Dude... You did one Heck of a job on that paint job. The paint looks so deep and good. Man it is killer. Now I wanna see what it looks like out in the sunlight I know its gotta Pop like crazy. This is one Beautiful Model!!! Nice Work Brother!!! It gets my Stamp of Approval :D

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......it is so nice to see that all my work is appreciated.......thank you:).......I re-did the front end and painted it Alclad and added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and  linkage rod and ends.......I also dug up some rear wheels from my parts box to resemble the original wheels and also painted them Alclad........and attached the spoiler.......I still need to add a few more details to the cock pitr then I will call this one done.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0176_zpscwvshhzh.jpg

DSCF0172_zpssiuveqrt.jpg

DSCF0148_zpsjgquwgv7.jpg

DSCF0157_zpsm43b2mai.jpg

DSCF0147_zps7dem4qki.jpg

DSCF0143_zpsez3njphw.jpg

Edited by John Teresi