[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
jeffdeoranut

looking for 64-65 dodge p/u resin kit

RMR has the 65 in either pickup or crew cab. I think that they are $40 and $45, but you can check their website. I have their Dodge Bighorn semi truck that I have built and the quality was good. Hope this helps..Brian

I have the RMR kit.

Its a pretty nice resin piece , especially for the price.

Modelhaus also makes one but its a diffeent year than the RMR version

Edited by gtx6970

I have the RMR kit.

Its a pretty nice resin piece , especially for the price.

Modelhaus also makes one but its a diffeent year than the RMR version

I'm leary of modelhaus as they r going out of business...I have contacted rmr numerous times in last 6 months and they tell me all of the 64-65 dodge p/u's r unavailable.

I have the Modelhaus kit and it is a great looking kit. It is a 65-67 (it is listed as a 65). A bit pricey but very much worth the money. It is still some time before Modelhaus closes so you still have time to order one.

Pictures of the kit is here: http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Atmobil/library/1965 Dodge D100 Modelhaus?sort=3&page=1

Modelhaus kits are tops in quality and value.  I have a couple of their '64 Dodge D100's (std & crewcab) as well as the '65.  Don and Carrol are retiring in mid-2016 after being in the resin casting business for over 25 years - not a fly-by-night operation.  I personally have purchased probably 50 or more of their kits/conversions, as well as untold individual parts to restore glue bombs over the past decades.

Hopefully, some other resin caster will purchase their business, but with literally thousands of parts and kits offered, I'm sure it would be a large investment. Let's only hope someone steps up to take over their business and keep the quality and service that Don and Carrol have provided to the hobby.  I know that I'll miss them.

A.J.

FYI - At last weekend's toy show in Ohio, customers were lined up 15 to 20 at a time from the time the doors opened until the show ended.  You don't build that loyalty by offering anything but the best in resin.

Edited by maxwell48098

I just wished I could find a decently chromed '67 Power Wagon W200 grill.... I have the resin cab and hood but the grill isn't the best.....

Finks Garage is in the works to bring these back to market!

Charlie Rowley mastered the single cab and I mastered the crew cab - all from Tom Coolidge's castings. With luck they will be available by mid January.

Keep an eye on www.finksgarage.com for more info.

Thanks

Larry

HPIM7154-vi.jpg

Whats the grille like? For the crew cab. I have one and I'm not 100% happy with the grille it has.

Edited by 426-Hemi

John, If you got the cab you have from Tom Coolidge then it is the same as what I will be offering. I believe it will replicate a 1966 version.

D100.jpg

Modelhaus kits are tops in quality and value.  I have a couple of their '64 Dodge D100's (std & crewcab) as well as the '65.  Don and Carrol are retiring in mid-2016 after being in the resin casting business for over 25 years - not a fly-by-night operation.  I personally have purchased probably 50 or more of their kits/conversions, as well as untold individual parts to restore glue bombs over the past decades.

Hopefully, some other resin caster will purchase their business, but with literally thousands of parts and kits offered, I'm sure it would be a large investment. Let's only hope someone steps up to take over their business and keep the quality and service that Don and Carrol have provided to the hobby.  I know that I'll miss them.

A.J.

FYI - At last weekend's toy show in Ohio, customers were lined up 15 to 20 at a time from the time the doors opened until the show ended.  You don't build that loyalty by offering anything but the best in resin.

According to their website, they are retiring in May 2017, so plenty of time to get your order in.

John, If you got the cab you have from Tom Coolidge then it is the same as what I will be offering. I believe it will replicate a 1966 version.

D100.jpg

Well I THINK it is, BUT the one I have in a kit, is also good for a '67 too (I own a REAL '67 Power Wagon 4 door, step side bed W200!) so I plan to make a model of my real truck!

The picture you posted, is EXACTLY the grille I need, (Mine has a unpolished Aluminum type grille, BUT when I repaint the truck, I plan to polish the ever-lovin' !@#$ out of it to make it gleam in the sunlight..... SO, I want to locate a half ways decent grille....

My '67 Dodge Power Wagon.....

I got EVERYTHING I need to build mine, BUT a halfways decent grille on the model.....

Yep that grille!

I may have a couple coming which makes my freakin day!

IF I get one to look right for my truck build, I'd KILL to get a another cab to make a different type work truck!

I'd be in line for a Fink truck. I'd like to see a '70 grille.

Not sure who you have them coming from but the ones pictured came from the original molds Tom Coolidge created from Charlie's masters of this truck. I would be happy to mail you a couple. 

These trucks will be available again very soon both the 300 single cab, 300 crew cab and the 500 single cab. Stay tuned to www.finksgarage.com or finksgarage on Favebook for updates and pricing.

Send me your address to larrykrauck@mchsi.com and I will put a couple grills in the mail to you next week.

thanks

Larry

Larry,

How complete will these kits be? I want to build a 4wd version and wasn't sure which chassis and how complete it would be to do such a build. A standard cab/long bed, a standard cab/short bed or crew cab/short bed would be my preferences, will you offer multiple cabs/beds/ chassis lengths & drive train options (2wd/4wd)?

I have held off buying the Modelhaus kit because I want to go 4wd and not have to modify or build my own chassis.

Thanks!

A W500 would make me very happy, especially if its a 4 door cab

This will be just a cab kit, no frame. But will come with drawings on how to make the frame to replicate the stock frame. 

This grill?

image.jpeg

is it possible to take one of these grills, cut off the ends ) AND (  and replace them with the 1963 oo ====== oo grill?  in order to back date the 1964 cab??

sir,

i am trying to purchase three dodge crew cab pick ups to convert to early plymouth/dodge nascar haulers.  would you be the person in need to contact to make this happen?

john.....if he does not get back with yall, I have them also..have never seen any he has for sale or sold any...give him a week an contact me if yall donot here from him...oldr-n-drt  

This grill?

image.jpeg

would it be possible    to cut off the ends of these   grills ) & (  leaving  ====== and adding 1963 headlights oo ====== oo to backdate a 64 truck    crew    cab??

Wendell Sowers is now casting these. I have shared his link to his eBay auctions. He might be able to hook you up with one.

As far as accurately doing this to backdate it, I am not sure. Look online to se if that is the only change the cab and or front end need to make it correct.

Thanks

Larry 

Edited by Finks Garage

sir,  can you modify the 66 grill 0 ===== 0 to look like the 63 grill oo ===== 00?  wold gladly pay for 3  and 3 crew cabs  D500's to put them in. jannabell20@aol.com

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the grills are different from 64-65.

black truck is a 68-71 (big back window and different grill)

blue truck is a 65-67 (different grill, tail lights and full length tail gate)

green truck is a 62-64 (different grill, round tail lights, small tail gate)

back and white truck is a 61 (different grill)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks Cale! 

Again if anyone is interested in buying the Dodge cab kits I use to produce, Wendell Sowers is now pouring and selling them. He can be found on eBay. He has all the truck cabs as well as the beds for sale. 

Thanks

Larry