Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harts Resin

Is there anyone here that has ordered parts from Harts Resin before? I placed an order over a week ago and all I have to show for it is a PALPAY receipt. They never contacted me at all and still haven't heard from them in over a week. I just want to know if this is normal with them. Also what's a good way to remove decals from a body without ruining the paint?

Relax!  I've never dealt with Harts Resin, but it's unreasonable to be upset after a week.  The best casters like ModelHaus and Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland take 6-8 weeks to deliver.

To remove decals, try putting tape over them and ripping it back off. You can try regular Scotch Tape as well as regular masking tape.  Beware that if your paint isn't on the body securely, it could take that off too.

Remember what I said James, resin takes a while. Several weeks for most places as they are a "made to order" and most of these companies are just 1 guy doing things in his basement or as a side business when they have time. So there can be a backlog of orders. Be patient you won't be disappointed. I got my grille, hood, and seat for a duster from Hart's several months ago and no complaints. 

I've always felt that its good business practice for any company to acknowledge that they have received your order.

I just placed an order with Modelhaus and immediatley got an email to say they had recieved it and to allow 4 to 12 weeks for delivery.

I now know its in their system and I'm not left hanging wondering what is going on