Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bos-Models' 1/18 Lotus XI (with modified windshield)

traditional

The Lotus XI was built from 1956 until 1958 as a collaboration between Colin Chapman (Lotus cars) and Frank Costin (aerodynamic stylist).  I think that this lightweight race car was exceptionally pretty even by today's standards, and, for years, there have been companies producing reproductions of them for use as club racers. .

Bos-Models' little racer originally depicted a version that was used for a speed record using an enclosed canopy.....very well done, but I wanted the more common open cockpit version using a low windscreen (but still with the headrest styling), so the canopy was removed and a polycarbonate windscreen was cut and formed to replace it.

Bos also makes the non-headrest version of this Lotus for those who want an open cockpit racer that already uses a low windscreen.

The best prices that I can find for Bos-Models in the US is from American Excellence.  I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

PA170375.JPG

PA170377.JPG

PA170378.JPG

PA170379.JPG

PA170380.JPG