Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speed Shop Dio

Tyler62990

Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback guys. Also, sorry about the untimely reply. I'm usually on top of these things. Unfortunately, I'm having major computer issues at the moment and my phone HATES forums. On the bright side, I figured out how to do things from my phone for now and will post up some progress pics soon. Thanks again guys

Very nice work..! Ā  I like it very convincing weathering...I need to learn more about that.

Thanks man. If you haven't tried the Tamiya Weathering kits, I highly suggest them. You can find them at Hobby Lobby for around $6 with their coupon. They're basically pastels that seem to have a binder mixed addedĀ for better adhesion. They also last quite a while. I've done 4 cars and the walls, pavement and stuff for the inside of this dio and still have 80% of the pack left.Ā 

Very nice indeed.Ā  What is your source for the LED's?

Thank you. They're LED strip lights with pre-attached resistors I got from eBay. They're easy to wire, are adhesive backed, cool running and use almost no power. They're also cheap.Ā The whole setup for this ran me about $13 including the 15v adapter. If you've never used led's, I do suggest doing a little homework on them. They're very sensitive and easy to blow if you use too much power. Don't ask how I figured that out haha

Thanks man. If you haven't tried the Tamiya Weathering kits, I highly suggest them. You can find them at Hobby Lobby for around $6 with their coupon. They're basically pastels that seem to have a binder mixed addedĀ for better adhesion. They also last quite a while. I've done 4 cars and the walls, pavement and stuff for the inside of this dio and still have 80% of the pack left.Ā 

Im going to have to look into that...thanks.

I got some more done, but my computer is still down and I'm doing this from my phone so bear with me. Because of this, I have to make a post for each picture. As annoying as it is, I guess it will do. That being said, here's where I'm at. It's just the rest of the tools and some furnishings for the most partIMG_20151013_161413094.thumb.jpg.e183d8a

LOve the desk flames...and the rest...lift is looking great

Just one suggestion..go for a smooth, seamless valance at the roof edge:rolleyes:

Everything else looks GREAT

CheersĀ 

Thanks man. I actually overlooked that, thanks for pointing that out haha. I think I have some corner pieces left over that I can use to soften the edges a bit. I'll give it a look later.