Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Sihlouette

Dann Tier

Thanx, Zachary!  You can see design  traces of this wheel from one Lamborghini to the next. I built this in 1990. The only problem I had with it , was that the seats were molded into the firewall AND centercolumn. I have 2 more of these kits, and plan on separating the seats from the rest. this will look more realistic. thanx for giving it a look!

• 1 month later...

Dann, right now I am building this kit and the reference picture I used is very similar to your model.

So much coincidence I am also using Tamiya wheels.....stripped original chrome and painted flat silver.....only difference is that I used copper color....by the middle to end of January you will see it around here.

You did a very nice job....congratulations !! if I´m not wrong you used different mirrors also...original ones are awful.

Edited by engmecwilson

Dann, right now I am building this kit and the reference picture I used is very similar to your model.

So much coincidence I am also using Tamiya wheels.....stripped original chrome and painted flat silver.....only difference is that I used copper color....by the middle to end of January you will see it around here.

You did a very nice job....congratulations !! if I´m not wrong you used different mirrors also...original ones are awful.

Thanks, Wilson! this is a fun kit. You are right, I hated the kit mirrors too. I replaced them with mirrors from a Fujimi Countach kit. I will be building another one of these, because I didn't like the seats being molded with the center column. I purchased two more of these kits to do it better. this gold one was built in 1998. I will be looking foreward to seeing yours!  BTW, I bought a Lamborghini Urraco in 1/24 just recently, and will be building that soon as well!

• 1 month later...

Hows your silhouette coming along?

Very nice. Great job and Great choice to build. I agree about Testors kits, I love em. You can do a lot with their kits. Question : Does anyone do a Jalpa kit in 1/24 - 1/25 or even a Diecast in the same scale. Again, Really Nice Job on your Lamborghini. Great color choice . Thank you. 

Jeff 

Very nice. Great job and Great choice to build. I agree about Testors kits, I love em. You can do a lot with their kits. Question : Does anyone do a Jalpa kit in 1/24 - 1/25 or even a Diecast in the same scale. Again, Really Nice Job on your Lamborghini. Great color choice . Thank you. 

Jeff 

Thanks, guys!   Jeff, I've only seen the Jalpa in 1;43 as a kit, but it would be pretty easy to change the Sihlouette into one. Glad you liked mine. some time this year I will be building a 1;24 scale Urraco also.