Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Sihlouette

Dann Tier

THNX ALL!!  in response to you, Jonathan, its not box-stock. the wheels that came with the kit suck, so I used the wheels from a Tamiya Countach kit. I believe the tires came from a Nichimo kit. I also used MCG interrier parts, and Lamborghini decals from Fujimi -guage decals as well. Hope that helps!

Thank you for sharing Dann! I'm hunting for this kit a Long time...hard to get. I like this Lamborghini.

Very very nice. love it!

I built this a long time ago and never saw another one. Nice Job! There only were 54 1:1's built as well. A scarce machine.

Very VERY nice. The color and the Countach wheels you chose suit the car very well.

I've driven and worked on these and the original Uracco (from which the Silhouette was derived) as well as the Jalpa, and I think they're great cars (if slightly temperamental, like everything Italian of the period), with a transversely-mounted small V8 engine that has one of the sweetest sounds ever to come out a tailpipe.

Beautiful model.

Very VERY nice. The color and the Countach wheels you chose suit the car very well.

I've driven and worked on these and the original Uracco (from which the Silhouette was derived) as well as the Jalpa, and I think they're great cars (if slightly temperamental, like everything Italian of the period), with a transversely-mounted small V8 engine that has one of the sweetest sounds ever to come out a tailpipe.

Beautiful model.

Bill did you drive Isleros, Espadas and Miuras too?

This Lamborghini has peculiar charm. I liked it, when I noticed it a long time a go in some card games - you know, what we played as a child: which engine has more power or the highest top speed won. I like it as well as the Jalpa. The design is pretty nice. A sweet car. Definitely a candidate for my wish list. Beautiful.

You wrote about the wheels. What was wrong with the kit ones? No question: the wheels looking great on this one. They fit and filling the wheel house perfectly.

THANK YOU, GUYS! in response to your question, Christian, I wish I had a photo of the kit wheels next to the Tamiya ones. The kit ones were too small diameter, if I remember right, but the thing I do remember is that the breather holes were too small, and THICK looking. sure I coulda drilled the holes out bigger, but why do that when I had an extra set of Tamiya Countach wheels! Hope this helps you out -thanx for the question!

• 4 weeks later...