Model Cars Magazine Forum

DeLorean - BTTF - today they arrived in the Future

christian-w

Isn't this a day, a lot of us have waited so long? Today, Marty McFly and Doc Brown arrived in the future through part II - never spent a thought about the date in the movies. That time it was so far away :o and now? Look out of the window and compare, what changed and what came true. I love the movies. The idea was pretty cool. It was and is entertainment for me.

So I thought it would be cool, everyone who has a built a DeLorean / time machine would post it here. For this special day :) I know, it was 4:29 pm but I can't await to see more of your builts. So: who's in?

I'll start with my three time machines. Part II and part III.

Part II was built out of the AMT time machine in ~1992, both part III DeLoreans are Aoshima (built ~2005).

IMAG1662.thumb.jpg.c52613b6c85d529d06336IMAG1660.thumb.jpg.70c8ea1a62f37dfe83959IMAG1661.thumb.jpg.a398921177023d3acb141IMAG1658.thumb.jpg.a55a590a33b6d220720d0IMAG1659.thumb.jpg.639a17e67aa1db861a893IMAG1654.thumb.jpg.cadb375eccaa0529bf429IMAG1655.thumb.jpg.80a943efcec3359e16a50IMAG1656.thumb.jpg.9c344ed1ca77b3f548a20IMAG1657.thumb.jpg.24a1a9e6067a9a3dd36ad

Sweet Deloreans! I always thought it would be cool to build all the versions of the car.

Here's one I built about a month ago. Figured it was the perfect time to put it together.

20150919_085600.jpg

From the AMT release of the kit.

20150921_143021.jpg

Edited by Toast

Finished this last week. Cheap Polar lights version I found. Not a very detailed kit but what do you ex left from a snap together. Did a bunch of detail painting work, added decals from other models, black washed the wheels, and added wiring to make it look a little better. I may do a little dry brushing to polish it off. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

it's a fun kit to build. i've yet to accurize the train, including it's different width track. deloreans are both Aoshima.

bttf-part3-04_zps373c13f2.jpg

Super, you've opened the door! The Train is pretty cool. What model kit is it? And Doc Brown is made by your own, can it be?

Thanks, Morgen! Your Body Looks great. Your Detail work is very well done!

Edited by christian-w

Delorean%2026_zpsaxipdxyq.jpg

Delorean%2028_zpsracejfzv.jpg

Delorean%2029_zpsyeozlvpx.jpg

Delorean%2033_zpsaphrxpa3.jpg

I did this as the first Delorean of the series, with no arrestor hook, no Mr. Fusion, nothing. I also went back and painted the little window vents in the back properly as they needed to be. I also added extra wiring to make it more "busy".

Isn't this a day, a lot of us have waited so long? Today, Marty McFly and Doc Brown arrived in the future through part II - never spent a thought about the date in the movies. That time it was so far away :o and now? Look out of the window and compare, what changed and what came true. I love the movies. The idea was pretty cool. It was and is entertainment for me.

We have blown past some other famous  future dates.....  1984   and 2001!

There was a neat TV special about Back To The Future's  forecast of what the future would look like, how they created the special effects and how accurate their vision was.   It is called "Back To The Present" and is on the History Channel.  I found it half way through, so I searched and found it playing again in the middle of the night and DVR'd it.  I'm sure they'll be playing it...

Super, you've opened the door! The Train is pretty cool. What model kit is it? And Doc Brown is made by your own, can it be?

The train is a bachmann G scale 4-6-0 train, with scratchbuilt smoke stack. at some point i have to widen it's track so it matches the Delorean (which is quite a bit wider).

and Doc is off ebay (it's listed by a generic name, like 'the professor' or something).

Edited by kruleworld