Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 F100 Custom. update..11/27. interior begins

I figured since my Raptor build is far enough along I can finish at home, just paint and minor stuff left on it, I'd go ahead and start another Hotel build. I'm gonna do a kitbash, custom 69 F100. I'm gonna do some scratch stuff for the front and rear suspension, use the motor/trans, wheels and some other things from a Revell Boss 302 Mustang. I want this truck sittin on the ground, level and smooth. The emblems and door handles will be removed. Here's the start pic of the kit boxes.

20151022_145702_zpsw8bxgdsb.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

Thanks man. I'm not a Ford guy, but, I enjoy building and customizing models. 

The front suspension off the Mustang is freakishly close fitting the truck frame. The Revell locating pins are only about .06 off the Moebius. So I'll be using the Mustang setup and making a set of upper A-arms. The rear will have to be sectioned to get it low enough. The engine will fit perfect. Enough clearance to the hood, I'll just have to make some inner wells. Once the rest of the engine is on I'll make those. Here are a couple pics of the motor fitment.

20151022_175214_zps7a5l83i7.jpg

20151022_175132_zpsc8w33v3j.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

Thanks Terry. Guess I burned myself out on big trucks. So maybe a few pickups and cars will heal my truck motivation. I'm having fun on these 2 pickup builds. 

It happens. Trucks can get intense. Its good to have something else around to change the pace. Im actually planning to  jump on one of these sooner than later. 

Come on down with this thing there Clayton!!!! Wow man!! Eyes glued to the screen...........

Thanks man.

I was hopin to.get something done on this tonight, but it's been a long day, 595 miles and 13 1/2 hours. I wanted to eat, shower and relax. 

Edited by Petetrucker07

• 5 weeks later...

I decide to get a little done this, this weekend. I started getting the Mustang interior roughed in. The door panels were close in height, a little trimmin, I think it'll look good once I get some seats put in it. A little more trimming needs to be done on the console, but same thing, once some seats are in, it'll look good. I may try to fit a mid 90s dash in this cab, not quite sure yet. I do want low back buckets for this, I need to figure out what kit will have right lookin ones to steal from. Here's a shot of how things are lookin so far. Any help or comments are welcome. Thanks

• 7 months later...

Boy.....life sure can get in the way of the hobbies we love. All I got done on this, this weekend....got it down off the shelf. That's it. I'm gonna start bringing my stuff along with me when I go out of town. Seems that's the only free time I get anymore, in a hotel room.