Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL Motor City #11 -- Sunday, November 15th.

PatRedmond

'It's too far'     'I have a headache'     'My toe hurts'     'I wanna watch football'     'I don't want to travel alone'     'My car gets poor mileage'

None of these cheap excuses will work! Get off your lazy butt and get to the NNL and enjoy yourself! Don't make us come and drag you by the..... :) 

This show grows and gets better each year. I understand that ALL vendor tables are sold and will be full. Morgan Automotive Detail, Motor City, Missing Link, SMBC and Scenes Unlimited will be there.  Rumor has it Revell and Moebius will be there this year.

Edited by Kris Morgan

Our show will be even bigger this year!There will be even more tables than last year.For those who attended our last show,the additional tables are,at present,planned be on the other side of the curtain where the slot car drags are running.

We set an attendance record at our spring show-come to this show and help set a new record and bring entries for the NNL!

I know that Round 2 will be there, and I have heard second hand that Moebius representatives are also planning to attend. 

This event has a very different vibe than the NNL Nationals held each year in Toledo.  

For one thing, the vendor turnout at NNL Motor City seems to me to be larger than Toledo, and more focused on model cars specifically.  On the other hand, the model car display has more of a local/regional event than the NNL Nats (which draws a larger group of built models and is a more geographically diverse crowd). Surprisingly, there's some pretty impressive local modeling talent that,for whatever reason, doesn't make the yearly journey to Toledo.  So while the model display is smaller, there seems to be to be very little overlap between the models seen at the NNL Nats and the models at the Motor City NNL.  

All of which means that most Midwestern-based modelers will very much enjoy attending both of these events because they are so different in flavor, format, vendors, and the models seen there.  I highly recommend both of them.    

TIM    

Edited by tim boyd

We in the D.A.A.M. club would love it if more of the "geographically diverse" modelers(to use Tim Boyd's phrase) who attend the NNL Nationals in Sylvania would make the additional approximately 90 minute drive up to our show.We think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the size of the show(yes,we do have more tables/vendors now than does Sylvania)and,to reiterate Tim Boyd's point,the quality of the models in our NNL.

There are several of us coming in from the Toronto area for the day, maybe 2 car loads :)  I have at least 1 new car ready and maybe 2 :) 

Better call the border and tell them it is just paint fumes in those cars. Don't tell them about the exacto knifes in the trunk. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. I hope I am not still on 12 hour shifts. 

Hats off to the D.A.A.M. club for once again putting on a great show. From a vendors view, sales where very good. From a spectators view, the show/contest was outstanding. And, the vendor area grew once again. They also once again had a few killer 1:1 scale hot rods on display.  Thanks again guy (and gals) for all the hard work.

Thanks to those that stopped by our tables.

Thanks to all the spectators and vendors who attended our show.We had 285 tables in the expanded vendor area,about 250 models in the NNL,and just over 1,000 people through the gate.And for anyone who attended and had a good time-please help spread the word about our show.

Make plans now to attend our spring show on Sunday, April 3rd,2016.We'll have our judged model car contest,Motor City Madness, more great vendors,slot car drags,and more real cars on display.Come and see another fine D.A.A.M. event!

Tony Buglione

Amazing show yesterday!  I was surprised and honored to have my gremlin receive the best paint award as well as the Don Borowicz Memorial award.... Truly humbling with all the amazing work on the tables.   Thank you again Bob as well as the rest of the club for this honor. 

This show last year was the first model show I had attended in over 15 years, after attending my interest in the hobby was reignited.  Its a great show, great atmosphere and great people. I would like to thank all of the club members for bringing this large event together.  I am already excited for the April show.

There's no theme for the spring show-it's judged contest with separate classes and some special overall awards.

Congratulations again,Eric.You did a beautiful job and showed that a top quality finish with a simple scheme will trump a more complicated but less well finished job.