Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clearly Scale thread

Being asked about my "Chally Pak" ...answer is "Yes" that is something I am working on, to bundle my Hemi LX S/C engine set + Viper SRT seats + SRT 24" wheels, along with couple of bespoke items (hood, KDW tires, Borla exhaust)

This is one new Challenger hood I'm working on now  :)

12226977_914672795293097_509154514587922

The engine set which started things off really, and I'm proud of, the Hemi LX Supercharged engine set

Though based off of the donor kit Hemi LX engine, like all my engine sets, has been thoroughly reworked, with every component enhanced, modified or scratch-built, to make it a high detail gem  :)  fits directly into Revell Challenger kit, but easily modified for other installations

11403213_843156752444702_736130274404907

Well. Admittedly I have never bought a resin engine. I usually prefer to buy a kit with an engine that will fit the bill and have all the extra bits for later. But the obvious quality might change my mind. I'll have to look into my future plans and see if any of your stuff will help out.

Well. Admittedly I have never bought a resin engine. I usually prefer to buy a kit with an engine that will fit the bill and have all the extra bits for later. But the obvious quality might change my mind. I'll have to look into my future plans and see if any of your stuff will help out.

Thanks Rob!  It is a different medium than injected-molded styrene, which is much harder, where as resin cures quite hard but not quite as much so, is a more solid volume, yet can be cut & sanded very similar

I'm really proud of this, my full detail LSX454 V8 engine set, with (2 piece) 4L60E transmission ...features a 3 piece high detail carb, tube headers simplified accessory/belt system, smooth valve covers with valve cover decals, and a bespoke triangular air cleaner with raised bow tie motif

11953170_881915645235479_895778404061630

AWESOME STUFF.  What material are you using for your rubber tires?  I would really like to know what you chose.  I have had the best luck with the Polytek PT flex 70.  Easy to dye black and cures quickly.  I typically use SMOOTH - ON products but their similar material takes 16 hours to cure.  My luck with it has been hit and miss.  Sometimes after waiting hours it's surface might still be sticky.

This is a Free giveaway contest being put on in cooperation with several other great vendors, so hope is okay to post here? Anyone can enter, just follow the link below on friends scaledworld free info page, and you could win one of three amazing packages we've put together!

http://scaledworld.net/2015-x-mas-giveaway

Enter soon, open until Dec 10 only, Good luck everyone!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not even close to finished, however here is my Supercharged Hemi for my Bad Apple Kandy Challenger build, also the ACR hood.

Awesome :D. I love the subtle color scheme. It reminds me of something the Ring Bros. would do on a classy pro-touring build. Also the first time I've seen someone try out the Spaz Stix colors on styrene. Just found your build thread; keep up the good work. 

Nick