Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peugeot 905

Amar2300

This is a Peugeot 905 kit from Heller. I most admit this is the worst kit ever to fall in my lab. 

There was parts on the instrutions that was not in the box. And the whole body on the kit was off set. So i tried to make the best of it..

Has sole of you guy's Trier to makke this kit? And did you have the same problems,or is just me who has been unlucky..

Here is what i made so far. I will display it without the body mounted so i tried to make the engine stand a bit. I drill the airfilter to put the tubes in... I know is not correct but it looks better i think.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also buy one month ago.

The kit itself is really BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH but have to admit that this is what I got...If you want to make Peugeot 905 then you have no choice.

I didn't start make it..your work looks very nice so far :)

BTW, any idea how to fix problems of the body?

Edited by 花火

I also buy one month ago.

The kit itself is really BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH but have to admit that this is what I got...If you want to make Peugeot 905 then you have no choice.

I didn't start make it..your work looks very nice so far :)

BTW, any idea how to fix problems of the body?

i used hot water and a blow dryer. It didnt fix the problem but it made it better

As an overall Le Mans winner, this kit is on my grail list, sorry to hear that its so disappointing. Heller has some up and down kits. I am currently working on their Peugeot 205 Rally Car, also only minimal detail.

You have done a nice job with it, though, interesting display idea. 

I built one a few years back (sorry, no photos at the moment). Yes, it's fairly terrible, but the only 1/24 scale 905 available. Too bad Tamiya didn't do this car!

I've got another one in the box - I suspect if I ever get around to building it, I'll do it curbside and glue the body together as it's nearly impossible to get the panels to fit right.

So I dug my old build out of the box I had stuffed it into and shot a few quick photos:

I think you can see that the engine cover is warped and a particularly bad fit. I should probably just glue it down, clean it up a little, and shoot a few more pics to see if it looks any better.

I see, and agree, that the fit of the panels is bad. With the lack of detail in the engine, I think that would be the way to go. 

Sadly Heller makes some of the most annoying kits of the most interesting subjects.

Well said!!~~ Ha Ha.