Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outlaw Dodge Demon

Bruno

I've been working on and off on this project for a few years now, I'm a slow builder lol

A few years ago I bought a resin Dodge Demon body on ebay, got here badly warped, tried to fix it and broke it, so I decided to make an Outlaw project with it, I used the AMT '71 Duster kit, cut the front and rear and used the resin Demon front and rear to turn the Duster into a Demon body, the hood and rear spoiler are scratchbuilt. I also used Revell's Jukebox Ford Pro Mod kit for parts, some other parts were found in my parts boxes, the engine is Ross Gibson's B1 T/S, many scratchbuilt parts, some photo etched parts, wired and plumbed, Fred Cady decals and some Slixx decals were used, automotive basecoat/clearcoat paint,  :)

Well done Dodge Demon! It sounds like a lot of work went to the body only. Plus fitting that chassis in there must have required some modifications, too? It's a very good looking Outlaw car, and very sharp detailing in the engine bay and interior finish it off. Excellent work as always from your bench.

Well done Dodge Demon! It sounds like a lot of work went to the body only. Plus fitting that chassis in there must have required some modifications, too? It's a very good looking Outlaw car, and very sharp detailing in the engine bay and interior finish it off. Excellent work as always from your bench.

Thank you!

I had to modify the chassis but not that much, I just moved the front lower control arms to adjust the wheelbase, and trim here and there for the floor pans and wheel tubs to match the Demon body, that's it. But then I also had to modify the rear floor pans because the scratchbuilt wheelie bars didn't fit... I also did some other modifications to the firewall so the stock dash would fit, East Coast Outlaw 10.5 rules require the stock dash.

The rollcage is all scratchbuilt.

Edited by Bruno

That is a super clean job Bruno.  It is a treat looking at your pics of it.  Even though it took years to do, it was worth the wait.

Thank you! I used some of your parts on it, the fuel cell and exhaust bezels comes to mind...

Thank you for your great parts! :)

Thanks everyone :)

This is the Ross Gibson B1 T/S engine, and it's the only engine with B1 heads and valve covers I've seen out there...

great. thanks for the reply and sharing the build. makes me want to get out my duster I started ages ago.... so, you have done your job Bruno. you got me motivated.