Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outlaw Dodge Demon

Bruno

No problem and get out that Duster, that was a fun build!

Ross Gibson engine's are getting harder to find now though...

I hear you, way too much on the bench right  now. it isn't too far down the list though. I heard that, all I need is 1 B-1 motor and I will be set. thanks for the info Bruno, and again, really great build.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem and get out that Duster, that was a fun build!

Ross Gibson engine's are getting harder to find now though...

yea, one of these days. btw. you did paint that stripe on the hood, correct? what did you use for mask? very crisp lines. just a super build.

yea, one of these days. btw. you did paint that stripe on the hood, correct? what did you use for mask? very crisp lines. just a super build.

I used Fred Cady's decals, I cut the hood decal in three pieces, one large that goes all over the cowl induction scoop, and two smaller strips that goes on the hood each side of the scoop, it was kinda tricky to align everyting together, but it worked. Then I hand painted the scoop sides with a brush (Humbrol gloss black) let dry for a few days and then sprayed a few coats of clear over all that. Once the clear applied, wet sanded and polished, the decal seams and painted sides don't show at all, everything is nice, smooth and shiny :)

Necessity is the mother of invention, and you nailed it. I love scale modeling, and to see what others have done to make it work, that is thinking outside of the box. Getting past the point of a crappy resin body and using the ideal of "parts is parts", you've got one killer build. BONES TO YA!

• 2 years later...

I LUV YOUR NOS SETUP on this build?????? And thank U so much as I’ve been stuck on the NOS Plumbing with my 57 Chev ProMod (Same Build I asked Your advice with painting it with the 3 color scheme as the Firebird Pro-Stock U also Killed)???  I think I’ve looked at over 1000 photos & hours of video, Yet I hadn’t seen a single Scale build that I really cared to copy ( I mean use as a guide???) 

I Absolutely Luv your style of builds???????????

Lee

• 1 year later...