Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Plymouth Roadrunner COMPLETE 2-19-2017

426-Hemi

been kinda following long on this build, all i can say is wow! fantastic work from start to now, just fabulous work all around!

Thanks Tom! Much appreciated! I have thoroughly been enjoying all the extra details and to see just how far I truly can push myself on this one....... and the funny part? Its not even the best yet. thats to come, (I am going all out on a '70 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible! Thats yet to come! BUT, this one is right up there as it has a little meaning to me with the accident with my hands and the healing of them and the help building this model did for me with dexterity on both left & right hands from that accident back in 2015..... It WILL be nice to see this one done tho, because of that!

Thanks for following along, stay tuned! This one os almost on the display case base...... and in that "Completed" category!

Thanks Jim! Much appreciated! (I got my share of builds on here right now LOL) but this one well needs completed and done so I can move on, to the next one, and finish it up (Rosco's Police Interceptor) so. then off to finish up a '68 Dart I do believe (these 3 models were all being built round robin style about a weeks ago), till I ran out of gloss coat and had to stop work on the Dart and continue on with the Roadrunner and the Monaco....  Which I plan to pic up where I left off within a day or 2....

Lots to build so little time! Thanks for following along! Have a look at the other builds I'm doing as well! 

Well its been a few days.... and as all thats followed along knows, I been fighting the clear coat on the hood to lay out flat and smooth. WELL after several attempts I finally got it to do just that! Fought right to the bitter end!
NOW as you all also know this model, in my last update was very close "complete" WELL.......... She is DONE!!!!! 2-19-2017!

.......and, FINALLY......

ENJOY!!!!!

Well thank You Misha! Thats very much appreciate man! Thank you! You know, as you read the building of this model you got to see a model built, started with merely one thumb, and one finger (pointer finger) both on my right hand..... Left hand? non-existent for a while! I used a make-shift clamp on vice to the left of me! Amazing what just a mere model can help us achieve!

Thanks Jim! You know, its not often paint gets the better of me, BUT that dang hood..... There for awhile I was thinkin' it was gonna! Thats how hard it fought! BUT, ya just keep wet sanding (as long as ya don't burn through the paint) and only sand the clear coat, you can win, this is a perfect example of that!!!!

Much appreciated tho! Thank you!