Model Cars Magazine Forum

which is a good pearl acrylic?

I was trying to paint the body of my model with Golden's Hi Flow Acrylics. Long story short no matter what I did they just would not turn out. I kept getting fish eyes, running problems or orange peel.

Sad thing is that the high flow pearlescent is a great color its just a pain in the butt to use. 

I was hoping that someone else made a great white pearl color. I have used Tamiya paints and they are great. they airbrush on great. however the only pearl I see is the Titanium Silver (i do own it) and it is too silver for my needs. I need a pearl that is close to white, does not have to be white just close.

Dale and Rich, I have a few of the Aztek colors but haven't sprayed any yet. Do you have any tips on using them?

I don't think it'll be all that different from what you're doing now.  Here's a video showing someone using it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plNhe76cbYo    Testors says the paints come pre-thinned so the only point where you might differ from the video poster is the amount of pressure you use with your airbrush, as he admits he sprays at a higher pressure than most of us.

I asked for opinions about these paints on here back in September and I received very favorable reviews and some great pictures to back them up.  I intend to buy several of these colors myself.