Model Cars Magazine Forum

In my case it is because of the effect they had on me as a kid in the 50's. I was fascinated by the B-61 the wholesale grocer who came to the general store in my village had. There were R & S Internationals all over the place because ther was only one local dealer, IH.He also sold cars, first Packards, then Stude, then AMC. I remember a red 57 or so GMC dump truck that looked exactly like the one I had in my sandbox. Somehow the old trucks still turn my crank while the new ones are like appliances to me.

Yeah, I figure it about the same way. I worked on a farm when I was a kid, and drove B Models, old Ford F series, IHC R Models, and even an old Reo Speedwagon around doing chores. They sure made an impression on me as well. Then I worked at a construction company that ran lots of R Model Macks and one old B81 quad box. That was sure a challenge to drive, (would have been easier if you had three arms!). Had a bunch of Detroit powered stuff, both trucks and equipment. I think that was where I fell in love with their screams. Are the new ProStar type trucks nice? Sure...................but not for me.

Whatever scratchbuilding skills I may have, are based on ideas I saw here. Looking back on things, I wish I had had this forum 40 years ago.

Don't we all !! That is why I love the Model Forums. I have learned a lot over the years !  My only problem now . Is remembering it all . lol Suffering from a severe case of C.R.S. .

Be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu