Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Ford pickup custom (my wifes 2nd build)

My wife discovered that this kit was a nightmare. In fact, it almost made her want to stop building just after starting the hobby! one of the problems she encountered was that the rear shocks were too long, and angled wrong for this kit. She contacted Revell, told them they're problem, and they sent her new ones. THEY WERE THE SAME ONES!!!!   Just when she was really frustrated, I introduced her to scratch building, and now she's fine! -Isnt it what we do? -correct manufacturers goof ups?!

56 Ford Revell-1.jpg

56 Ford Revell-3.jpg

56 Ford Revell-5.jpg

56 Ford Revell-6.jpg

56 Ford Revell-10.jpg

56 Ford Revell-12.jpg

56 Ford Revell-15.jpg

56 Ford Revell-20.jpg

56 Ford Revell-21.jpg

Very nice work, in fact better than a good percentage of this board!   :P

You are in trouble now Dann...  she's gonna start beating you in contests,  you will doubt your very existence!   You'll come home from work to find that she's got your Holy Grail kit you paid $300 for in primer!    You let the genie out of the bottle for sure!  :o

My wife and I just want to say, THANK YOU for your kind words. that Revell kit did really almost keep her from building anymore. on a personal note, I appreciate you all too! she had a difficult day today, but thanx to all you great guys, her smile was HUGE! I lost contact with other modelers until this forum -ive missed seeing other ARTISTS work. you all have great talent and imagination. Like ive always told, Tina, my wife, IMO the idea and ART of modeling is to make plastic look REAL, and that there is a million different looks to REALISM. You guys -and girls are all great at what you do!!  Tom, you're a funny guy! we got a kick out of that!!  -she actually has about 200 of her own!  To answer your question, Ryan, I scratch built this styrene "jig" for making air filters out of paper for more realism. she wanted to be the crash-tester. I think it looks pretty good, but needs more paper glued in there. its hard to explain, but I will take pictures of the tool, and procedure, and post it here if you want? drop me a message if you want me too. Sorry about the "novel" guys.  -Have a great night, all!!

Tina, you took one of the worst kits out there and made it look incredible, especially for your second build! I love the paint, the engine looks great, but the bed and tailgate chains are my favorite part, nice to see someone else doing that to a kit! Tell Dann it's past time you got your own account here, you deserve it! 

Your wife has a great eye for detail and clean building and kudos to her for coming out with such great results on a difficult kit!

Can you tell us about the air filter? Was it scratchbuilt or is that an aftermarket piece. It looks great.

Second model this week ? Second model last month ? This can't be her second model ever, it's too darn good. : )  Can't wait to see her third build. She is very good. Keep em' coming.

Very nice build. I think it's time she got her own screen name and started posting. She's an excellent builder, time to "hang out" with the builders. She has earned it.

agree to all  i picked out - your wife has Talent.

i like this old Revell-kit, built my own as a sleeper. so i know about her fantastic work on it!

Very nice work, in fact better than a good percentage of this board!   :P

You are in trouble now Dann...  she's gonna start beating you in contests,  you will doubt your very existence!   You'll come home from work to find that she's got your Holy Grail kit you paid $300 for in primer!    You let the genie out of the bottle for sure!  :o

Your wife did a super fine job on the build ! I hope you are up for some competition. Cause she will be bringing it to you very soon!

Be Well

Gator