Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro ZL1 (updates 11/24/15)

tyrone

Are you sure that real one is a ZL-1? I don't offhand recall any of them being built in Frost Green. Could easily be a COPO 9561 L72, though. No precise records on those. To this day, I don't think anyone knows exactly how many were built.

Nice work, at any rate.

Are you sure that real one is a ZL-1? I don't offhand recall any of them being built in Frost Green. Could easily be a COPO 9561 L72, though. No precise records on those. To this day, I don't think anyone knows exactly how many were built.

Nice work, at any rate.

I dont know if the real one is or not.. saw the pic while googling....I loved the look of the car and wanted mine to kinda go along those lines,, found the wide steelies and rear tires in the parts box... just havin a little fun with this one..

Fred... thank you.....

Nice, love that color.  Real or not that real one is nice enough that no one in their right mind would change a thing!

Local to me is a Camaro that same color, an older couple owns it (in their 70's or 80's).  I've seen it several times at cruise nights it is an SS trim level, with a Six Cylinder, Four Speed, Ralley Pack Gauge Console, Black Interior.  It's got everything on it that one would love on a V8 Camaro.  I talked to the couple one night, addressing the man first he just pointed to his wife and told me it's her car she's the one who bought it.  Turns out that she took the brochure / catalog home and marked everything she wanted on her Camaro, then went back to the dealer and "Special Ordered" it!  She told me she can't drive it without at least one person trying to buy it!!  I'll bet!

Nice, love that color.  Real or not that real one is nice enough that no one in their right mind would change a thing!

Local to me is a Camaro that same color, an older couple owns it (in their 70's or 80's).  I've seen it several times at cruise nights it is an SS trim level, with a Six Cylinder, Four Speed, Ralley Pack Gauge Console, Black Interior.  It's got everything on it that one would love on a V8 Camaro.  I talked to the couple one night, addressing the man first he just pointed to his wife and told me it's her car she's the one who bought it.  Turns out that she took the brochure / catalog home and marked everything she wanted on her Camaro, then went back to the dealer and "Special Ordered" it!  She told me she can't drive it without at least one person trying to buy it!!  I'll bet!

how cool is that??.... I'll bet they do get alot of offers..... lol...

• 2 weeks later...

Jim... thanks for checking in.... you looked like you were having so much fun with your Awesome looking builds lately, I had to try one.. I want to TRY  the way you add the brake line detail on the undercarriage next..lol.. 

Roger... thanks... not to worry.. these builds are good to take the edge off when building those brain busting full detail builds...

Richard... thanks...

Alright... I got the clear coat and foiling done, and I've added the side markers, emblems and door handles. I removed the molded in wipers and added some I had left over from the copo nova kit.. I've been working on the engine area also, this one is close to being finished.. thanks for looking and comments welcome...